Chapter 9

"What?" I ask confused. I thought that he likes Kai. Chip looks over at Meadow and sees her confusion too.
"Okay. I like Kai but, I already have a boyfriend, whowontexactlyletmebreakupwithhim, and so yeah," he explains. I look over at him confused.
"Why wont he let you break up with him," I ask. Chip plays with the sleeves of his hoodie. He looks over at the trees.
"He isn't exactly the nicest guy I suppose," he states. Meadow goes over and hugs him. I text Rain, Valley, and Kai to get over to the park.
"The others are coming, " I tell him. He nods shakily. The others are there in about five minutes. They sit across from us.
"So what's up?" Kai asks. He looks over at Meadow and Chip. His eyes narrow for a second but then he looks away.
Chip explains that his boyfriend won't let them break up. Kai looks like he is about to murder someone.
"Well what has he done?" Rain asks. Chip looks away from us and breaks out of Meadow's hug. He looks up and I can see the tears running down his face.
Kai stands up and sits beside him. He takes Chip's hand and rubs circles on the back of it. Chip takes a deep breath and looks back over at us.
"He hits me, if I disobey him. And he..." Chip trails off. He starts shaking and Kai wraps and arm around him.
"He uses me, " Chip whispers. Valley stands up and is ready to run. Rain grabs her hand and pulls her back down. Kai hugs Chip tighter.
Meadow gasps and puts her hands over her mouth. I sit there stupidly, not knowing what to think. A guy walks over to us.
"Well hello my pet," he says taking Chip's hand. He tries to take Chip but Rain kicks him where the sun don't shine. He groans in pain and releases Chip's hand.
"Didn't you remember the tracker that I had implanted in you?" He chuckles after regaining his stance. Meadow is texting rapidly on her phone.
Kai hugs Chip closer to him. Valley and Rain stand in front of them, acting as their bodyguards. I walk over to the guy. He looks down at me.
I feel like I remember this guy from some place but I can't remember where. He chuckles and lifts my chin.
"Oh I remember you. Don't you remember me?" He asks menacingly. And then I remember. This was one of my dad's friends.
"Your dad owed me lots of money little girl," he yells throwing me back. Rain catches me and helps me stand up. Meadow stands beside me.
I can hear sirens in the distance but then they suddenly turn off. The man laughs.
"Well all your help went away, now didn't it?" He says. Kai glares at him from behind us. He walks up to Meadow but she punches him in the gut.
I see a cop car pull up in the parking lot. Two officers run out and over to us. The man, oblivious to the cops, picks up Meadow.
"So cute. Trying to fight back aren't you?" He spits out. Meadow yelps as he pulls her up farther. The cops come up behind the man and tackle him to the ground.
I catch Meadow as the man drops her. I set her down beside me. One of the cops takes the man to the car and the other stays. He asks us about what happened.
When he's finished he walks back to the car and drives off. Chip goes up to me and wraps me in a hug.
"Thank you Hope," he says. I hug him back. He clings onto my shirt like a lifeline. I stroke his hair.
" Of course, " I say. He runs over to the others and gives them hugs too. While the others are exchanging hugs, I text Andy and ask him if he can pick us up.
He replies that he'll be there in about ten minutes. I tell the others and we hang out until Andy gets here. A few minutes later I hear him honk from the parking lot.
We walk over to the car and get in. He drives off towards our house.
"You guys can stay the night if you would like," he offers. The others nod and text their parents. We don't have school tomorrow because of a meeting.
They reply one by one that their parents said yes and I grin. This is going to be fun. We stop at their houses so they can get their stuff.
Once we are done Andy drives back to our house. He pulls into the gates of the house and the others' jaws drop open in awe.
"Did I forget to mention that I practically live in a mansion now?" I ask. They glare at me and Andy chuckles. Andy parks and we walk inside.
We say hello to Simon and walk up to my room. We decide to watch '101 Dalmatians.' I walk downstairs and pop some popcorn while Valley puts the movie in.
I walk back upstairs with the popcorn. I put it on the floor in front of everyone and goto grab some blankets and pillows. I come back with them and give everyone one.
I start the movie and sit down beside the others. At some point during the movie, Chip curls up into Kai's side. I smile at the sight of the two of them.
Rain and Valley sit in a love seat and eat a bunch of chocolate. Meadow and me are watching the movie and eating gummy bears.
When the movie ends, the only people who are still up are me and Valley. Meadow is curled up in a ball on the floor. I pick her up and put her on the bed.
Rain is snuggled into Valley's side and the Chip is sleeping on top of Kai. I put a blanket over the two boys and hand one to Valley. I take the couch and soon fall asleep.