Chapter 1

I sit down quietly on the old creaky bed in my room. This house isn't very pretty but I assume my father will get kicked out soon enough. He always does. I'll give it a month this time. That might be too optimistic, but I'll take what I can get.
I look at the alarm clock on my dresser and see that it's 5:30. A decent time to wake up in the morning. I grab my clothes out of my closet and put them on my crickity old nightstand then I head to the tiny bathroom me and my father have to share.
I turn the water on and wait for it to get hot. I am dreading school. I mean it's not like I'd make friends even if I stayed at the same school for more than a year. I had a friend in seventh grade but it turns out she just wanted to embarrass me. So I haven't had any friends since.
I definitely would not be popular. I'm not very attractive. I have short brown hair, silver eyes and a really pale complexion. I am extremely shy and I don't talk. I haven't talked to anyone in over 3 years.
I step in the shower and grab my body wash. I absolutely love the smell of oranges so I always buy that, whenever my dad doesn't spend all the money. I usually grab some from his wallet while he is sleeping so I have money for food.
I grab my shampoo and conditioner and wash my hair out. I step out of the shower onto the towel I put down. The floor gets really sticky when it is wet. I wrap a towel around me and run to my room.
I get dressed in my Pierce the Veil t-shirt, black leggings, and huge black hoodie. I run my hands through my hair and put on my black and white checkered Vans. With my backpack slung over my shoulder I walk out of my room.
He is right there. Just standing there waiting. I have no reason to speak to him. So I don't. I try to get past but he grabs my arm.
" 'Ere do yer thank yor goin?" He slurs out while glaring at me.
(Where do you think you're going?)
I point at my backpack. He looks at it and then me. He shoves me harshly into the wall.
"Yer- yu just a was'e of spa'e!" He yells angrily.
(You're just a waste of space!)
He brings up his hand and smacks me right across the face.
"Go ter scwool!" He screams letting go of my wrist.
(Go to school!)
I run down the stairs and out the front door. I get a block away before I start walking . It isn't a far walk to school which is good, but it is still really hot outside.
I arrive at the school before I realize it and take a good look at it. It looks like the other five I went to this year. It's a big, white building with a few windows and a couple trees in the front. The grass is still green even though it is blazing hot.
I walk up to the doors and open them. I see people turning my way, probably wondering who I am, but I just focus on getting to my locker. Once I get to locker one hundred I put in my combination and open it. I put my bag and stuff in there and gently shut it.
I walk off to my first class which happens to be Math. It should seriously be illegal to have Math in the morning. I walk in early and pick a seat in the back next to a window. A few minutes later people start walking in, happily chatting with their friends. There's only about 7 minutes until class starts.
Out of the corner of my eye I see the chair beside me being pulled out. I look back down at my notebook and doodle while waiting for the teacher to walk in. I feel the person's stare burning into my side.
"Hey. I'm Kai."
I turn to see the guy looking at me. I'm guessing he was the one who introduced himself.
'I'm Hope.' I write onto a notepad I carry.
I hand him the notepad and he reads it. He seems pretty nice.
He has sandy blonde hair, green eyes and a even tan. I'm not exactly sure why he was talking to me. I'm not exactly the type of person popular kids want to be around.
He gives me back my notepad.
"Nice to meet you Hope!" He says.
He turns as some girl comes up to him.
"Hey Kai~" the blonde girl says as she walks over to him. Well, I was right about him being a popular kid. She sits on his desk and flirts with him for the next 5 minutes. I go back to drawing in my notebook.
The teacher walks in a minute later. He has black hair cut super short, red glasses, and a purple button up.
"Okay. I want you to all sit down and shush your mouths." He says. " C'mon. Move it! " He half yells.
The girl talking to Kai struts over to me and shadows my desk.
"This is MY seat." She says.
I start to get up, scared by the girl, but Kai quickly butts in.
" How about you go find another seat Brianna? " He asks getting snickers from the rest of the class.
I even saw the teacher holding in laughter. Brianna open and closes her mouth a few times. She looks at Kai with a pleading glance that he completely ignores.
"I hate this new girl already!" She proclaims .
She then glares at me and storms off to another seat on the other side of the class. The teacher starts the lesson. By the looks Brianna was giving me, this is not going to be a good day...