Chapter 6

The guy 6'9 guy stands in front of me. I start shaking. Not this again. Please not this again.
"Oh look what we have here. It's the little mute that had her father abuse her. Oh what a shame. He should've just gotten rid of you. You're worthless anyways," He states.
He smirks at me and then kicks me in the ribs. He lifts me up by my neck.
"You gonna say something little mute?" He asks. My vision goes blurry. Suddenly my neck is released and I fall to the ground. I gulp air and close my eyes.
I feel someone take my hand and I quickly pull away. I open my eyes and see Andy beside me. He pulls me on his lap and I cling to him.
"Why the hell would you do that to her?!" Simon screams at the guy. I cough into my fist and see blood. I quickly wipe it on my jacket before Andy sees it.
Simon socks the guy in the face and grabs our food. I get off Andy and try to get up. I fail miserably and Andy picks me up and takes me to the car. He sets me down and buckles me in.
Simons starts the car and drives off. I cough again and more blood goes on my fist. I wipe it on my black jacket. I don't need them worrying about me.
Simon pulls up to the house and Andy comes to my door. He opens it and helps me out. I fall forward and onto my knees. I try to stop the cough but I can't.
I cough more blood onto the pavement and Andy screams for Simon. Simon runs back outside and sees me.
"Shoot," he curses under his breath. Simon carries me back into the car. Andy drives us to the hospital while Simon holds my head in his lap.
I look up at Simon. His face is grim and distraught. Andy has a similar expression but looks a lot more panicked. The drive feels like forever as I fight to keep my eyes open. Andy blasts music from the stereo to keep me awake.
We arrive at the hospital and Simon carries me in. We waited in the waiting room for it to be my turn to be checked out.
Andy sings songs softly to me, trying to keep me awake. Simon runs his hand through my hair and hums along with Andy. I smile at them.
A person in a wheelchair is being rushed into the hospital. They cry out in pain and I wince. I hate hospitals. One room can have a person bringing new life into the world, and another can have a person dying. I grimace and look away.
I look up at the tv sitting on the wall. They're playing some Disney movie. It takes at least another hour until a lady calls my name from an open door. Simon picks me up and walks me into the hospital room.
The doctor sits down in the chair next to her computer. Simon sits me up on the bed and then sits down next to Andy. The doctor plays with her long acrylic nails and doesn't seem to be listening to Simon as he replays what happened.
Andy sings to me. I play with Andy's fingers as he sings. He smiles at me, but I can tell he's worried.
The doctor struts over to me. She smirks and bends down in front of me causing her skirt to go up. Simon grimaces and I stifle a laugh.
"Open wide." I open my mouth and get the urge to cough. I try to turn but she holds my head in place. I try to push her, but it's no help. I cough blood onto her white coat. She glares at me and I shrink down.
"Now you've gotten blood all over me! Do you know how hard that is to clean off of white clothing?!" She screams at me. I shrink back and wince. Andy steps in front of her.
"We would like another doctor. You are not treating her right," Andy states. The doctor storms out.
I sign sorry to Andy and Simon. They sigh.
"Hope. It's fine. It wasn't your fault," Simon reassures me. I cough again, this time into a trashcan.
Andy starts panicking. He runs out of the room looking for a doctor. I groan in pain. Simon starts singing another song while Andy keeps looking for a doctor.
Andy rushes in, pulling a doctor with him. I cough into the trashcan again. The doctor inspects me. There are bruises on my stomach and neck.
The doctor says something to Simon and he nods and picks me up. I groan in pain as he walks. Andy walks in front of them, clearing the way.
They take me into another room and lay me on a X-Ray table. They take an X-Ray of my ribs. I look up at the black and white X-Ray that looks nothing like how a ribcage should.
"She has one that is puncturing her left lung. She'll have to go into surgery immediately," the doctor tells us. Andy nods. Simon picks me up and brings me into another room.
The doctor takes off my clothes and puts me into a hospital gown.
"Dont let her fall asleep. I'm going to go get the other surgeons," he says running out of the room.
I take my phone from my pocket and text my friends what's happening. I give my phone to Andy. I wrote 'Tell them where I am when I get out of surgery please.' Andy nods.
I hug Andy and Simon softly and smile. I sign thank you. Simon strokes my cheek.
"I'm sorry this happened to you," he says. Andy nods. I cough again and wince in pain.
Like they somehow knew, the doctor comes back in with the surgeons behind him. They wheel me into another room. Simon stands beside me in scrubs. He puts one of those sleep gas masks on my face. I breath through it and quickly get knocked out.