• Introduction •

This chapter will be a summary of Miraculous Ladybug seasons 1-3, because this story takes place after season 3. Bear with me here, because it's a lot. Of course, if you already know what happens then you can skip this chapter (please read the last paragraph of this though!), but this is for people that don't watch the show but would still like to read this series. Also there are HUGE SPOILERS!!!! if you couldn't tell, cuz it's a summary.
These are the BASICS, if I were to explain every character it would be too much.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng is a teenage girl who was given the Ladybug Miraculous by Master Fu. Her father owns the best bakery in Paris and she has dreams of becoming a fashion designer. She's had a hopeless crush on Adrien Agreste, who has been too BLIND to see Marinette as anything more than just a friend.
Using the power of her Ladybug earrings, she fights the supervillains created by Hawk Moth in Paris as the superheroine that the city knows and loves: Ladybug.

Adrien Agreste is a teenage boy who was given the ring that is the Black Cat Miraculous by Master Fu. Adrien is a fashion model and grew up under the dictation of his cold, secretive father, Gabriel Agreste. His mother disappeared when Adrien was very young. As the superhero Cat Noir, he fights supervillains alongside Ladybug on a daily basis, whom he loves. However Ladybug always rejects his flirtatious nature, saying that she's in love with somebody else.

The Miraculous are magical jewels created by a mage centuries ago. Each Miraculous represents an animal that comes with a kwami, and each kwami represents an abstract concept, such as creation or multiplication. Kwamis are tiny magical creatures that can levitate and pass through solid objects, and they cannot be filmed or photographed. When the magic words for a Miraculous are spoken by its wearer, its kwami will enter the jewel and charge it, transforming the user into a superhero. Most Miraculous have an ability that is activated by saying the magic words, but once the ability is used, the user will only have about five minutes before the kwami loses its energy and they automatically detransform.

The Miraculous of the Ladybug and the Black Cat are the two most powerful in existence. The Ladybug holds the power of Creation, while the Black Cat holds the power of Destruction. When merged, they grant one wish that can reshape reality, but it comes at a cost.

The Ladybug kwami is named Tikki and she is sweet and lovable. Her Miraculous are a pair of earrings. The superpower of the Ladybug is called "Lucky Charm", and when activated, an item is created. The item will help achieve the desired goal of the Ladybug user if used correctly. As quoted by many, 'the Lucky Charm never fails.'
Additionally, Ladybug has a power called "Miraculous Ladybug," which summons a swarm of magic ladybugs that repair all collateral damage and injury caused during a fight. (In the show, this ability can be used to bring back the dead, but to make things interesting, in this series, the dead cannot he brought back with the Miraculous Ladybugs.)

The Black Cat kwami is named Plagg. When his ring is powered, he grants the user an ability called "Cataclysm", which allows Cat Noir to destroy the next item he touches.

Gabriel Agreste is Adrien's strict father, and the holder of the Butterfly Miraculous, which grants the power of Transmission. He can turn butterflies into akumas which can enter items, and the holder of that item will become akumatized. Akuma victims are granted superpowers and can telepathically communicate with Hawk Moth, which is the villain name he's given himself. In order to deakumatize someone, the item holding the akuma must be destroyed.
However, he can only akumatize someone if they are feeling negative emotions. The stronger the emotions, the more powerful the superpowers can be.
He creates supervillains with the intention of stealing Ladybug and Cat Noir's Miraculous in order to reshape reality and bring back his dead (comatose) wife Emilie Agreste.