Cassidy Grimes: Strangers Pt. 1

*****I KNOW SO MANY OF YOU HATE ME FOR NOT UPDATING. I'M SORRY. BUT I'M STARTING 8TH GRADE PRETTY SOON. I'LL UPDATE AS MUCH AS I CAN.   AND THANK YOU ALL WHO HAS READ MY STORY, LET ALONE VOTE FOR IT. you're awesome, all of you c:*****

We walked for a while, and my legs started aching. Judith was drifting off on Carl's shoulder, drooling on him. I'm so fucking tired. Then again, so is everyone. Allison and I are in arm and arm, but it's starting to feel like I'm dragging her.

"Allison. Fucking walk," I mutter to her. She grumbles, and I look at her shuffling feet. I am dragging her. I wipe the sweat off my face and wipe it onto her cheek. "Walk." But she doesn't bother to wipe it off. "Ughhhh Cassy, I don't wanna," she mumbles.

I roll my eyes, and pull at her arm. "Nu stahp," she groans. I bite her hand, and she yelps. "Okay, okay! Damn," she whines as she rubs the area where I bit her.

I hear Carl grunt in effort to readjust Judith. I reach my arms out for her, and someone takes my katana away. I scowl, but Jake pokes my shoulder, and he's taking the katana out of its sheath and starting to whip it around. I yell at him to stop, he could hurt someone. He obeys and puts it away. Carl pushes Judith into my arms, and he drapes an arm around Allison's shoulders. She looks towards my direction and blushes.

We walk off into the trees surrounding us, and Abraham drops the bag he's carrying. Me and Carl sit, both trying to wake Judith up to feed her. Judith scowls as she wakes up slowly.

I stifle a laugh and I readjust Judith. She curls her hand into a tiny fist, entangling a lock of my hair. I hand her to Carl and he gives Judith her bottle.  I feel myself wanting to sleep. That'll have to wait. I look up and my dad and Tara talk about how Glenn said this and how he saved Tara's life and the other way around. I trust Tara completely, even though others were hesitant to. Tara raises her fist for a fistbump and Carl and I snicker as Dad hesitantly fistbumps her back.

We rest for the night, but we start walking again at sunup. We walk into more trees, and of course the occasional walker comes up.

"I got it," Michonne offers, and she reaches for her katana that's not there. She shakes her head slightly, and brings the nuzzle of her gun up to the side of the walkers face. The walker falls, and Michonne steps on its back. She then bashes in its skull with the gun, the walker squirming, and then no more movement.

I don't realize that I'm drifting off into sleep until Judith is snatched away from me. I stumble, but someone catches me. A hand is on my back, and one is behind my knees. I'm lifted into the air, and pressed up against someone. I look up, and Daryl's the one carrying me, bridal style in fact. "You know, you're really light. Don't hurt me," he says, flinching as I rest my head against his chest. "I won't. I'm too tired," I say. I smile and I drift off. Again.

*****************************************

I awaken with a jolt. It's Tyreese who drops me to the floor, and Carl catches me. The first thing I hear is a yell. "Dad, come on!" Carl practically begs. But Dad hesitates. "Come on! Come on," he urges and Dad gives in. We all run towards the sound, me and Carl leading, and Carol gets a knife out. I wipe my eyes out in grogginess, and something comes towards me. I squint, just in time to see a walker coming towards me. I scream, and grab its neck. I struggle against it, and both Jake and John yell my name, and Jake pushes Judith into Allison's arms. He runs towards me, and puts a bullet in its head. I lean against him, breathing heavily, and he holds me. Everyone else starts killing the ones surrounding a rock. A man is on the rock, attempting to push back the walkers with his foot. He has no weapon. I roll my eyes and kill one that's grabbing his foot.

"We're clear. Keep watch," Dad tells the man. He stares at me and I raise my hand towards him to help him down from the rock. He stares at my hand as if he'll die if he simply touches it. I shake my hand. "Don't leave me hanging, dude. Let me help you. We're not gonna kill you," I reassure him. He grabs my hand, and slides from the rock. He thanks me, and I nod my head, smiling.