After the Confrontation

The Go Jetters woke up the following morning. However, the encounter with that ghost last night wasn't forgotten by any of them, and it scared them to death remembering it.

Trembling, the four got out of bed and ran to the kitchen. The others were already up.

"Morning, you four." Said Bailey, then, noticing their appearance, she said, "are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost!!"

"We have! We have!!" The four chorused.

Everyone else looked at each other with confused eyes, like they didn't know what was going on. Then they looked at the Go Jetters as if they were crazy.

"Don't be silly, guys!" Lily laughed, banging her fist on the table, "there's no such thing as ghosts!"

Tim, Ubercorn, Kyle and Bailey nodded in agreement.

"It must've been a bad dream." Ubercorn shrugged, "there's nothing to worry about."

"That ghost looked like you, Ubercorn! It had a purple mane, a white hide, and...and..." Xuli shivered, but Bailey cut her off.

"Woah, woah, woah! Slow down there! We told you it must've been a bad dream." She said, resting a hand on Xuli's shoulder, "there's no such thing as ghosts. The story I read last night must've gotten you all worked up."

"Help yourselves to some hot coca, and we can talk about this calmly." Said Kyle, indicating at four steaming mugs, which the Go Jetters helped themselves to.

The adults made them spill out all the detail about the ghost they encountered the night before. They listened closely, and Bailey even wrote things down on her clipboard.

When the four finished talking, Bailey looked at the clipboard, then looked up at them.

"You might just be having hallucinations from the cold," she said, "or it's probably a side-effect from all those hits in the head you received last night."

Remembering the fight that broke out the evening before, the four looked down on the ground, still saying nothing, and still not apologizing to anyone; to the adults, to the kids, and most importantly, to each other.

"Maybe you four should start warming up; it's Christmas in a few days, and we don't want you getting sick before the most wonderful time of the year!" Kyle said, breaking the silence.

The Go Jetters nodded.

"And if you like, I can read the next chapter of the story this evening." Bailey added.

"Sounds good to me," said Ubercorn.

"Lily and I are going out to have some fun in the snow before the upcoming blizzard!" Tim said, "you can join us if you want!"

"Nah, we're good." Kyle said.

"You two go have fun, but make sure to come back before the blizzard." Bailey warned.

"Okay!" Lily giggled. She and Tim put their snow wear on, and ran outside.

"As for you four, you can wrap yourselves up a bit more." Ubercorn said to the Go Jetters. They nodded and stepped out of the room, heading their own separate ways without speaking.

If you happened to be passing by the adults at that very moment, you could've heard them saying:

- "I can't believe the confrontation didn't work!"

- "Relax, Ubercorn. It's still night one. There's still more to come."

- "I hope so, Bailey. If this can't get them together, nothing can!!"

- "Calm down and give it time. It might just take a while for the plan to function fully."

- "I wish you're right."

- "Of course I'm right, silly. We'll be able to complete it and get those four back on good terms with each other by Christmas."