twenty four

"You fell off the cliff, didn't you?"

"Huh?"

Was that the wrong choice?

He gave me a confused look. I just repolied with eyes filled with pity.

"It's okay, people fall off the cliff once in a while. You'll find somebody new, bro."

"The heck are you saying-"

"So cheer up, baby~ cheer up baby-"

"Hey wait hold on a second!"

"Huh?"

"Don't just go assuming things... what do you mean i fell off the cliff?"

"You broke up with your girlfriend, right? After you climbed up so high, you jumped down anyways because it's a waste of time."

"...what?"

I explained the love concept that Yedam told me to him. He then gave me a weird look.

"That's what Yedam told me.."

"Ugh. What does he know?"

"Huh?"

He makes a scary face... like hatred?

"... the cliff was stolen from me by him to begin with."

I hear him mumbled. He shook it off and sighs.

"But why does it matter to you anyways? Whether i fell off the cliff or not..."

"Of course it does!"

[ Target's fav rating towards
Hwang Y/n | 35 points! ]

Quick Y/n, think of something that will stop his route from becoming a bad ending-

"You... you need to know that love is not a waste of time."

"Well i already know that it is-"

"Why do you think that way?"

"Why can't i?"

"It's not good. Love isn't a waste of time-"

"Yes it is-"

"No it's not-"

Yes it is-"

"No it's not-"

"Yes it is-"

"No it's not-"

"Yes it is! Rather than wasting all your time in love chasing after the person you like or finding ways for them to chase you back, isn't it better to use that time to work on your dream instead? Why waste your time liking a person that will never like you back... that doesn't even know how you feel?"

He just told me everything i needed to know... but somehow i feel so guilty.

Jeongwoo realises what he just said and sighs. He turn his back on me and fold his arms.

"Break is... already over. Go to class, would... you?"

I could hear his voice breaking slowly. I look at the ground he was standing on ans i realised water was falling from him. Ah... he's crying... i hate how i keep bringing up painful memories of the targets when i do this... At first I was just doing my job but now... I understand why many people say they hate their job.

"Leave me alone already-"

I ran over to him and pat his head. Since he was taller than me, i had to tiptoe.