twenty three

Change the subject, "Le? Le? Let's get it!"

I did the dance and he still gave me the same expression. I kept doing the dance while looking at him. Finally, he does it too.

"Wait-wait-wait! You're changing the topic."

Oh shit he realised.

"Uhh.."

"I'll ask again. Why is someone i don't know well asking about my love life?"

"You see i uh-"

"She wants to ask you for advice!"

"Huh?"

"Huh?"

We turn and face Junghwan who answered for me. I gave him, 'What the heck bro' face and he just smiled lowkey dying inside.

"You're asking me? The one who thinks love is a waste of time for love advice?"

He gave me a look of suspicion. I just kept smiling and nodding lowkey scared and panicking inside.

"Why me of all people?"

"Why not you of all people?"

He scratches his head in frustration. What should i say? I don't know how to continue this conversation... Goddamn you Junghwan.

"I uh wanted to ask... Why do you say love is a waste of time?"

"Isn't tho? Love is basically pushing your feelings for someone who you don't even know if they share the same feelings. Why should you waste your time trying to get that other person to like you or like you back.... or even ask about the person's love life."

I feel like he's directing it at me-

"With a mindset like that, i'm worried  you're gonna end up single and die lonely..."

He rolled his eyes and the bell rings, "Now that i answered your question and gave you the cheesecake, please leave."

"Wait but-"

"Junghwan, go put on the apron."

"Ah hold on-"

"And you Ms Hwang Y/n, bye bye-"

He kept waving and shooing me away. Although he was smiling, i knew he was angry deep inside.

"Oh.. bye bye..."

I left anyways and walked around the school. Since it was break, i could use this opportunity to ask someone! Junghwan must be the closest to Jeongwoo... Ah wait but he's with Jeongwoo... Yedam and Doyoung? They are not in the same year so i doubt they know each other...

Ugh this is so frustrating-

Without knowing anything, I bumped into another person. The books and papers he was holding fell to the floor. I quickly squatted down and gather them one by one.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention-"

"Y/n?"

I look up. It was a boy i never seen before but somehow... he felt familiar. My heart aches when i saw his face.

"Ye-"

"Ah. Sorry sorry. I thought you were someone i knew... And it's fine, it's fine you don't have to apologise..."

As i gather the materials, I noticed something perculiar. I saw some sort of a handmade bookmark. It was basically a pressed flower book mark consisting of Hydrangeas, Asters and pink carnations... Wait how did i even know that? As i reach for it, i felt a strange and painful heart ache. When i held in my hand, it was instantly snatched away by the boy.