Chapter 24: Eternal Warm Hug

Start from the beginning

"I'm not lying, it's the truth."

Silence.

"Snowflake, can I ask you something, please?"

"Sure, what is it?" Elsa couldn't stop smiling at him, noticing how he pressed his lips against the back of her neck, his arms possessive around her like a chain she wanted to be trapped in. The warmth he gave her melted the cold in her, so easily.

She loved that feeling.

Because it felt like an eternal warm hug.

"... Can you please don't leave me?"

"Lover, I could never.."

"... You promise?"

"I swear on my own name." She breathily said, still tangled in his embrace. His scent smells like fresh pine trees, combined with the wind. His warm breath tickled her neck, his black locks close to her platinum blond ones.

He suddenly released her from his arms and turned her so she could face him properly, his skin illuminated with the moonlight, his emerald green eyes gleaming in the dimly lit room.

Even with the dim lights, he could still breathe in every amazing detail of her.

He leaned closer, capturing her lips on his, closing his eyes. She kissed back equally, caressing his face as she did.

Aiden pulled away, pushing away a strand of her hair lovingly. He summoned a small flame; Elsa following with a small flurry of her own, combining it against his flame. The flame and the flurry of snow became one, a pink mist replacing the combined power. The pink mist shaped into a fiery heart, somewhat warm and cold at the same time.

They stopped all suddenly, both of them snuggling closer to each other, both warmth and cold combining. Elsa lazily leaned against him, her eyes tracing every bit of his facial features.

"Elsa, snowflake?"

"Hm, lover?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, what is it?"

He leaned in closer, then whispered to her ear, "How did you melt my frozen heart?"
____________________________________

"... I..."

Aiden gazed at her, lifting her chin so she could directly lock her eyes to his like she always does. Locking their eyes one another holds a deep meaning, that they only have eyes for each other, like a sign of loyalty.

But he was observing something more than that.

... slightly freckled cheeks, twinkling blue eyes, pale skin, silky platinum hair.. gods, she was driving him crazy.

His thumb did circles on her cheek, his soft finger soothing and easing her down.

"Love can thaw a frozen heart."

"... love?"

"You asked me, and I gave you my answer. It holds no lie, Aiden. I've had enough proof, but I would prefer Anna's presence thawed and unfrozen. I've come from being an isolated sister to a fearful queen, to a free woman in the North Mountains, to the fifth spirit and fearless queen I am today, because of it."

"... Then... I must have it often.. Since I have lacked it for fifteen years.." Aiden laughed bitterly.

They both fell into silence, the curtains swaying in the night's fresh air from the open window behind.

Aiden shuddered as the cold air reached his light clothed body, the sensation almost like ice being pressed against his own skin.

".. Does your heart still ache because of that?" She suddenly questioned quietly.

"Father, please stop hurting her!"

"Get out of my sight, you demon!"

"You're going to be the freak witch of the kingdom!"

Aiden shook his head, then nodded, then he frustratedly rubbed his face in confusion, "I.. Don't know."

"Then you must know something new, that from when you met me, you never lacked it."

Aiden smiled mischievously, "Hm, really?"

Elsa giggled, "Yes, lover, really." She produced a snowflake, playing it around her fingers, letting it dance to Aiden's nose. "I wish my powers could do that!" Aiden laughed, rubbing his now wet nose.

"I'm sure there are tricks you can learn.." Elsa encouraged.

"I can light up a candle. That simple." Aiden chuckled, "Thankfully I'm not a dragon, I can't breathe fire. That would be most absurd."

"Have you tried bringing something to life?"

"Oh ho, I can't make firemen, snowflake. Unless, there is absolutely a creature that is made out of fire."

"Ah, mythical creatures. What about a Phoenix?" Elsa suggested.

Aiden's eyes lit up brightly, his emerald green eyes twinkling. His grin never left his face, excitement beginning to trail down his form. He clapped his hands together in delight, "Baby, you genius!" He kissed Elsa's cheek, causing her to blush, "That's most brilliant! I can picture what I want it to look like.."

Aiden stood up from where he sat, his hands beginning to summon fire. Elsa curiously watched, smiling excitedly as she did. Aiden closed his eyes, concentrating properly.

Not too destructive, of course can rise from the ashes, feathers of fiery colors, majestic, and... My personality.

A ring of fire formed around him, making Elsa gasp a bit in panic. Aiden laughed, retreating the ring of fire, his other hand making a scooping gesture as if to shove it in one place. The flames began to form into a certain shape, flaring wildly as they did.

Many shades of oranges, reds, and yellows began to adorn the majestic bird's body, its head forming into similarly like an eagle's, yet its tail long and flowing, power entailed in its glowing bright warm colors. Adorable, round amber eyes blinked open, its fierce beak making a 'cawing' noise.

The new Phoenix flew into the air with its majestic, glowing red and yellow wings, its tail flickering like an actual mighty flame. It raced around the area energetically, its claw-like feet golden and a bit sharp.

Aiden and Elsa gasped once the creature landed in front of them, even more amazing and breathtaking up close with its powerful glow. Its height is similar to an eagle's, but Aiden was sure that this creature was created light-weighted, since its entire form consisted of flames.

The majestic fiery bird bowed respectfully to the both of them, its wings gliding against its side, its beak formed a great big smile once it stopped bowing. Aiden smiled, almost tearfully, then decided on a name:

"Hello there, Cyra."