⊱⊰ 44: Ellanie's Tale ⊱⊰

Start bij het begin

"Then we need to give her something to eat fast," said Kazuya, his tone worried.

Thelma sighed as she kept fighting to keep Arisa awake. "If only Mr. Ranger hadn't confiscated my device then I would materialize that smoothie for her. I heard a cup of juice or soda can help an individual to recover."

The faint sound of a screeching chair distracted the team for a moment. They set their view to their front in time to see the slim lady walk across the area and quickly leaving the room.

"Guess she won't help." Thelma broke the few seconds of silence.

"What were you expecting?" asked Garoh. "She's that monster's wife. She must have the same morals as him to be married to him."

Arisa felt Thelma's shoulder relax for a second.

"True," said Thelma sounding a bit disappointed.

As Thelma kept shaking her shoulder, Arisa finally removed her head from it. She blinked continuously to clear her view, still feeling the weakness pulling her down.

"Hang in there," said a soothing voice by Thelma's side, "we'll find something for you to recover."

Arisa slowly turned around only to see an irritated Kazuya fighting to set free his hands from the white glowing ringlets.

"Damn it," said Kazuya, his tone annoyed. "If only these things weren't so heavy."

Before he could lose his patience, even more, the creaking sound of a door stole their attention. As Ellanie closed the door behind her, Arisa saw that she was holding a small bottle of juice, a packet of cookie and a small device.

Ellanie placed the juice and cookies on the table and quickly typed something on the small rectangular device. A few seconds later, the heaviness around Arisa's hands disappeared. When she examined them, she noticed that the glowing ringlets had vanished.

"Here," said a calming voice.

Arisa's gaze met an orange bottle with images of fruits floating in front of her. She looked at the owner of the pinkish fingers holding the item and saw a warm smile brightening under the cap.

"Tha-thank you," said Arisa, slowly receiving her drink.

She didn't hesitate to quickly open the bottle and have her drink. As she had her juice, tasting the sweet citrus flavor, she saw Ellanie grabbing the packet of cookie on the table. Arisa noticed four pairs of white ringlets placed on the tables. She blinked a few times, realizing that she wasn't the only one in the team who no longer had those ringlets trapping their hands.

"Have this as well," said Ellanie.

Arisa gazed back at her and saw that she was offering the cookies. Arisa hesitated for several seconds.

"Don't worry," said Ellanie with a quick chuckle. "I only want to help. I'm sure juice won't be enough for you to fully recover. Well, cookies won't help that much, but at least you'll be able to fool your stomach for a bit."

Seeing the lady's wink, Arisa smiled and received the cookies. She didn't take long to open the packet and have a quick bite. A few minutes passed before Arisa realized that her body had stopped trembling.

"Feeling better now?" asked Ellanie kindly.

Arisa gazed at her, noticing strands of blonde hair escaping the Empress' cap. Arisa nodded.

Ellanie relaxed her shoulders. "I'm glad."

"What do you want from us?" asked a slightly irritated voice by Kazuya's side. "Acting all kind won't fool us. You're that monster's wife after all."