Chapter Eighteen: Let's Be Unpredictable

This chapter is dedicated to the lovely 5sosonly123 because she made a lovely and creative cover. Thank you so much!!!!

"Tessa can you please tell me why you are here."

"Well I was late to class and the teacher asked me why I was late and I
was a little upset so I cursed at her." I slouched in the chair.

"And what were you upset about?" he asked. I wasn't going to tell him the actual reason.

"I just didn't get much sleep last night so I was cranky."

"Oh well that doesn't give you the reason to curse or yell at a teacher."

"Yeah, yeah I know so how long do I have detention?"

"One week." he said.

"Okay can I go now?" I said.

"Yeah, just don't get your self into any trouble." he said. I got up and walked to my locker and grabbed my books for second period. I shut my locker and didn't talk to anyone until I got to second period. I sat in the back of the room and played on my phone without the teacher knowing. Luke walked into the room and I didn't look at him. He sat next to me.

"Listen I'm not in the mood today, so I don't need any of your flirty bullshit." I said, not even looking up from my phone.

"I didn't say anything." he giggled.

"Well because of you I have detention for a week." I snapped.

"And how is this my fault?" he said, keeping a smile on his face.

"I was late." I said.

"Well that wasn't my fault that was, what's his name's fault, but like you said you have it all under control."

"You know what I don't even know why I even agreed to go out with you again, you're like every guy, so you can forget about the whole date thing." I snapped. His jaw clenched. He got up out of his chair and stormed out of the classroom. I just sat there, feeling bad for what I said.

"Nice going Tessa." Sarah said.

"Screw off Sarah." I said, getting up from my chair following. The teacher tried to stop me but I didn't listen to her.

Luke was no where to be seen. Where would Luke go when he was upset? The band room. I walked in the band room and Luke was sitting on the stage with a guitar in his hands. Without saying a word I took another guitar from the rack and sat next to him. I played the same noted as him as he played. He just kept playing not caring that I was there. I eventually stopped playing and put the guitar next to me. He continued though. I put my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have that." I said softly.

"I'm not mad at you." He said.

"You aren't?" I asked

"No, I'm mad at myself because I always seem to screw things up with you." He said.

"You didn't screw things up." I said. We just sat there, not having to say anything.

"Just to make things clear I'm still going out with you." I said.

"Okay good I was beginning to get worried." We both laughed. I never wanted that moment to end, but Mr. Barks came in and chased us out.

"Why don't we ditch." Luke said.

"I can't I have detention later." I said.

"Come on Tessie let's be unpredictable." he smiled

"Okay fine but if anyone sees us I was forced to do whatever you want."

"Deal."

-----