Chapter Thirty-Five: My Hair looks Ridiculous, I know.

"Oh Zach this is my boyfriend Luke." I explained.

"Hi." Zach said.

"So how exactly do you guys know each?" Luke said.

"Well in school I came around a corner and I slammed into Tessa and I kind of knocked her down." he said. Luke nodded.

"Why don't we eat?" They both nodded. I could tell there was some tension. We ate our meal and Beth kept looking around, so I asked to switch seats with Luke, so now I was sitting next to her.

"Hey." I said sympathetically.

"I really thought he was going to come." she said. I could tell she was really upset, by the fact that Michael hadn't come, when she even invited him.

"Hey it doesn't matter you don't need him." I said.

"I know but you have Luke here I just wish that he was here." she said. She rested her chin on her hand. With that I turned my head behind Beth and saw Michael in a tux. He held up one finger telling not to tell her he was behind her. When he was only a foot away from her Beth said something else.

"If I just danced with him once, just once I would be happy." she said. He now rapped his arms around her.

"Did someone say they wanted a dance." He had his chin on her shoulder. She turned and her face lit up.

"See Tessa I told you he was coming." she said.

"Well of course I was coming, I just had something with my family...I wouldn't just ditch you." he said. She smiled at him. Beth was always secluded and always locked herself in her bedroom. She wanted nothing to do with people, but now when she was with Michael, a smile was the only thing I saw on her face.

"Why don't go have that dance." Michael said. He held his hand out and she took it. They went down to the dance floor, where a slow song played. I looked as she had her arms around his neck and his hands on her waste. She laughed at something he said. I remembered once when me and Beth were little, we were watching a movie and she said.

"I hope one day I will get my fairy-tale dance with my prince." Michael was her prince tonight she finally got her fairy-tale dance with him, and that's all I could ask for. I turned back towards Luke, and he was just staring at me with a smile on his face.

"What?" I asked him.

"Remember how I said I didn't have a reason for picking you up that morning?" he said.

"Yeah?" I said

"Well I have a reason now." he bit his lip ring.

"And what is your reason?" I said.

"Because Tessie...I love you." he said. My heart dropped at his words. I didn't think he would be the first one to say it but he was. Those words rolled of his tongue beautifully. I felt different emotions coursing through my body. I smiled at him, and he smiled back.

"I love you too." I said. His face lit up.

"Come on." he said, getting up from the table.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"To do a victory dance." he said.

"For what?"

"To celebrate that you said it back." I giggled. We walked to the dance floor and this up-beat song was playing. We danced crazily, and just had fun. I looked over to where my aunt sat with Owen. I grabbed Luke by the arm.

"Where are you bringing me?" he asked

"To Mars... to meet my aunt dumbass." I said sarcastically . I we got to the table and my aunt shot me a small smile.

"Aunt Marry, this is Luke." I introduced him.

"Oh it's so nice to finally meet you." she got up from the table and came around to shake Luke's hand.

"Nice to meet you too." Luke was not really god at meeting family members I guess because his palm was sweating up a storm. Owen just nodded at Luke and mumbled a "sup" to him.

"Oh well I'll go let you two have fun." she said. We walked back to the dance floor.

"You think if I suggest Nickelback the DJ will play it." he asked.

"Honestly...No. What's with you and your band and Nickelback?" We laughed. We danced more and so much fun

------

We made our way to the car, because the party was now over. I was practically asleep when I dragged my feet to Luke's car. I got in the passenger's side seat. I almost instantly fell asleep. The next thing I knew I felt arms slip under me and pick me out of the car. I didn't bother to open my eyes, because I knew it was Luke. He opened the front door, walked up the stairs to my room, and placed me oyn m bed. He kissed me real quick.

"Bye Tessie." he said.

"Wait can you stay?" I asked.

"I don't know what's in it for me." he asked.

"Lucas Robert Hemmings, I am too tired for your bullshit." with that he laid next to me, and I fell asleep.

-----

I heard this familiar voice, so I opened my eyes. I woke to see my mom standing over me. Her voice was faint.

"Mom?" I said.

"I saw you tonight Tessa, you looked beautiful."

"This isn't possible, you're supposed to be-"

"I love you Tessa." then she disappeared.

"Mom wait please!" I opened my eyes again and sat sat up.

"Mom!" I screamed. Luke sat up with me. Hey put his hand on my back.

"Tessie what's wrong?" he said.

"Nothing just a bad dream." I was in a full sweat. I turned back at Luke his hair was a complete wreck. I laughed a little.

"My hair looks ridiculous, I know." I nodded. "You sure you're okay?" he said

"Yeah, go back to sleep." I laid back down, now laying on my side, facing Luke. I sat awake for a minute watching him sleep, and wishing I could just get another glimpse of my mom again, just one more time. A tear went down my cheek. I eventually fell back asleep again. I didn't dream of her again though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys I know I've been updating a lot and thats becuase I have pre writen most of the book and I'm really excited for you guys to read the chapters I have planned so you guys are in for some mixed emotions. You guys are going to hate me at some points and then love me at other times. I really can't wait. Luv ya!!!!!

-allytheo_