Chapter 23: Festival of Traditions

Start from the beginning

Aiden chuckled, pressing a chaste kiss on her nose, "No need to apologize, snowflake. What's the festival about?"

"It's the Arendelle Festival of Traditions! It's one of mine and Anna's favorite ever since we were kids. There will be different colored crocuses everywhere, other festivities, and there will be a special stage in the main center of the city for special performances or demonstrations of Arendelle's oldest traditions."

Aiden smiled, it's rare to see Elsa excited about festivities. She seems linked to this one.

And it's rare to see her wearing something other than blue.

"Hmm, so that's why Anna was dressed up so grandly. Kristoff was forced too," Aiden chuckled, "Well, shall we? I must prepare in a jiffy."

Elsa nodded, taking his arm and the both of them exited the bedroom.

Anna and Kristoff are already dressed up in the throne room along with Queen Helena, Olaf in tow. Anna donned a purple dress with golden embroidery, a bright red rose tucked behind her ear beautifully. Kristoff had decided to go for something in the middle of grand and plain, a dark green tailcoat with golden embroidery to match Anna's and a black long-sleeved shirt underneath, a dark pink cravat around his neck. His shoes are black boots, his pants colored brown. 

Queen Helena had donned a fiery colored dress to represent her abilities. It's a dress that will remind you of the mythical phoenix, her northern crown on her head.

Anna excitedly squealed, "You look amazing, sis! Seeing you wear something other than blue or white is refreshing and... Daring! By the way, this faux fur goes with your outfit, wear it around your shoulders!"

Elsa flushed once she saw the white faux fur shawl in Anna's hand. She removed it from Anna's grasp, slowly putting it around her bare shoulders.

The five of them gasped once Elsa completed the look, snapping on a pair of short white gloves. She looked ravishing, and they just noticed Elsa dazzles in any outfit she wears.

"Beautiful," Aiden mumbled breathily, dashing away to his room to find an outfit of his own.

Five minutes later, Aiden is dressed up in a gorgeous black tailcoat, a white shirt underneath. His tailcoat had silver embroidery, his cuffs remained black, and his white gloves worn on his hands. He had a pair of white pants on, a pair of black boots to accompany his feet. a white cravat hung on his neck, almost in camouflage of his white shirt. A rose is in his grasp, it seems like he had it for Elsa.

Elsa 'dramatically' held a hand to her chest, walking closer to the fire prince, "My, my, who's this breathtaking prince?"

Aiden chuckled, kissing Elsa's cheek, "It's your boyfriend, my queen. Surprise?" He joked.

Elsa shook her head, "You always look dashing. I once believed that beautiful young village ladies caught your eye."

Aiden cupped her face gently, "I only have eyes for you, m'lady. No other woman can beat your goddess like beauty."

Elsa laughed, "You exaggerate."

Aiden dismissively waved his hand, "I am not. I'm telling the full truth."

"Hm, do you now?" Elsa flirtatiously leaned closer. Aiden winked at her, linking their arms and completely kissing her softly, then pulled away.

Anna broke them apart, "Alright! Let's go to the festival before we spend our entire time watching these love birds—"

"Your highness!" Gerda burst inside, then whispered something to Anna. Anna smiled mischievously, rubbing her hands together in a hushed plan.

"The courtship dance performers are ill? Who's going to perform the traditional Arendelle courtship dance? The show's incomplete without the main attraction!" Anna asked in a dramatized tone.

Helena winked at Anna, suggesting innocently, "Hmm, I bet someone can take over!" Anna nodded with a wide smile, her eyes darted to the snow queen and the fire prince.

Elsa awkwardly stared with Aiden, who's confused too.

"Care to clarify?" He favored sheepishly.

Anna nodded, "The Arendelle courtship dance performers were suddenly ill. Someone has to take over the performance, or the show's incomplete! It's only a simple dance, don't worry, Elsa you'll need a fan, to be precise—"

"Oh no, I am not taking place on that." Elsa shook her head frightfully.

"Nuh-uh, sis, the show must go on!"

"Why don't you and Kristoff do it instead?"

"Because you need to show the people that the queen has a secret talent for dancing! Aiden, too! Come on! Please?!" Anna pleaded.

Aiden and Elsa looked at each other, exchanging looks. Anna gave Elsa her famous puppy dog eyes, which left her groaning, "Oh alright. We'll do it. But we're out of practice."

Anna clapped her hands proudly, "Gerda will rehearse you both, don't worry, it's not that hard... I can't wait for you two to shine bright on the stage!"