chapter nineteen

Começar do início

"You're just jealous Landon isn't as hot as I am." William replied while he pulled Elizabeth over to our tent so they didn't have to speak louder than normal. "Well Landon has never broke my shoulder, forced me to walk on gravel, forced me to rap, fed off of me...You get the picture." Caroline huffed while leaning against me. William sighed and stood up. "Could we talk in private please." He asked Caroline. She sighed but ended up agreeing. I figured it was about time he apologized.

***Caroline's Point of View***

We walked over to the practice field, which was about a ten minute walk. We didn't speak till we stopped and sat on a tree log, but the silence wasn't uncomfortable. "Caroline, I owe you an apology." He started while looking at me intently. "I have treated you so badly and I know it will take time for you to forgive me. Before I met Ellie I was horrible to my captives; ten times worse than I was with you. She made me realize that humans are no different than vampires. I couldn't let my father know or else he would have had me killed. I had to make sure my plan was full proof before I launched anything. Believe it or not I was rather tame with you and trust me that pain's me to admit that. If I showed you too much kindness my father would have suspected something." He sighed deeply and I could tell he was being sincere. "I had been looking for you for some time and my father was not pleased that I had not found you yet. The truth though was that I located you when you were just nine years old." I gasped at this part not knowing that. "I couldn't take you. You reminded me of Ellie." He smiled fondly. "I killed the vampires that went with me and claimed that they had abandoned me. My father believed me. I knew eventually I would have to take you. I didn't know this then, but you were going to be the last piece to the puzzle of my plan."

"Obviously I couldn't put it off any longer and had to take you. It was not part of my plan to take Allison as well, but I couldn't leave her because I had the twins with me. You have to believe me though. No harm came to her while she was in the castle. She was fed three times a day and I made sure she had plenty of water. She also enjoyed coloring a lot." He chuckled. "She had never seen crayons before." I took his hand in mine causing him to look at me. "Thank you for taking care of her. I know you had no choice but to treat me the way you did. My pride is just hurt that I didn't realize it is all." I admitted sheepishly. "Yeah I did out smart my little pet." He smirked while rubbing it in. I scoffed and stuck my tongue out. "Promise never to call me your pet ever again." I whined. He nodded while laughing.

"How am I the last puzzle piece?" I asked while we walked back to the tents. "You were my ticket into the rebel's village." He explained. "You could have used anyone for that. Why me?" I asked. "Your father is the leader. I couldn't just come to any old rebel with my plan. I needed the head guy. Who better to take then his oldest daughter." He shrugged. That made sense I guess.

***Craig's Point of View***

I sat in the planning tent with Caroline, Landon, Daniel, and William. "Okay we need to start making a plan now if we plan to attack soon. Xavier has to have noticed that you are missing." I motion to William and he nods in agreement. "Yeah, I assume he is not going to be the happiest vampire when he realizes I betrayed him." He said. "We appreciate your help William." I say knowing how hard it must be to disappoint your father. Even if the guy is crazy he is still his father. He shakes his hand and waves his hand in a shooing matter. I continue on thinking he probably doesn't want to talk about it anymore. "We now have Caroline's gift and the blood for the stakes on our side so that will help in the long run. The question is do we attack or do we wait for them to attack us?" I question interested in hearing their opinions. A small sneeze startles us all considering it came from inside a trunk that holds all of our maps. Daniel moves to open it, but I already know it is Allison. I have had this talk far too many times with her.