"And what about Felix?" Emem asked, which earned her a murderous glare from me.

"And what about him?" My tone was anything but friendly.

"I know you love him, Eno. And don't you dare say love is a strong word, cause it's crystal clear to everyone, that you guys really love each other. There are calm days, and they are also days when the storm happens." Emem paused and held my hands.

"You're no longer a child, you're turning seventeen soon and almost done with secondary school. I'm sure you're big enough to know what your heart likes and doesn't like." She kept on rambling.

"Emem stop___"

"Mum thought about forgiveness the other day," Emem continued. "You just said that few minutes ago. Why can't you just take your own advise?"

"Felix is different, and what he did to me can't be forgiving easily." I said with all seriousness. "Nothing you would say now or in the nearest future will ever change my mind."

I pointed at the ice-cream bowl with my spoon, "Let's eat this in peace, I don't have time to exchange words with you."

"I was just trying to help," She muttered, but I ignored her and went on with my ice-cream.

                             • • •

It was night fall. Mum, Dad, Emem and I, were at Shade's guest house. The plan was simple - my parents, Emem and I, would hide at Shade's guest house, then wait patiently for Shade's mum to join us. When it's three minutes later, Shade's mum would sneak back in with us, and go straight to Shade's room.

Emem convinced everyone to go in three minutes later, instead of the usual time which was twenty minutes cause she felt Flynn would be done with his wicked deeds by then. We all agreed after seeing her point of view.

Emem and I peeked out the window, as we watched Shade's mum get kissed on the cheek by Flynn, before getting into her car. The gate man opened the gate and Flynn watched his wife drive out of the compound.

After standing there for seconds, he rubbed his hands manically and licked his lips, before dancing happily back into the mansion.

Once Flynn was out of sight, mum texted Shade's mum to quietly drive back into the mansion. The gate man who didn't actually locked the gates, quietly opened it and Shade's mum drove back in. She parked her car and majestically walked into the guest house.

"This is stupid," Shade's mum said as she slumped on the couch in the living room. "Why are you guys even doing this?"

"Cause you ain't fit to be a mother!" Emem snapped. She was already fed up with Shade's mum's attitude.

"Excuse me?" Shade's mum raised a surprised brow.

"You heard her," I fired back on behalf of Emem. If we were going to spend three good minutes in a room with this woman, we better as well spill out the truths. "You're so not fit to be a mother. You neglected your only child, cause of a stupid man. A man who clearly doesn't love you."

"Flynn loves me, you___" Shade's mum almost cursed.

"No insulting my babies!" Mum snapped at her, while dad kept a soothing hand around her waist, so as to calm her down. 

"Every human with half a brain, will know that Flynn accepted you cause of your money." I continued with the facts.

"Where did you pick him up again? You started dating that fool when he came to your company in search of a job. Yeah, we are aware of the background story." I waved my hands at her face. She didn't deserve my respect. "Who in their right senses, wouldn't accept a woman that could butter your bread for the rest of your life?! Flynn clearly knew that, and that was why he accepted to be your husband."

"Eno," Emem placed her hand on my upper arm, "It's already three minutes."

I looked at my dad, whom had given everyone the signal to leave the guest house. We all rushed towards the mansion. Once at the large fancy door, we decided to go in with a quick but very quiet pace.

Shade's mum quietly led us to Shade's room. When we arrived at the door to her room, Emem gently leaned towards the door, and placed her left ear on it. Immediately Emem did that, she jerked back.

"What is it?" I held her shoulders, to steady her.

"I heard muffling," Emem gasped, then tried to open the door through its handle. "it's locked!"

"Stay back," Dad instructed. We all moved two pace backward, and watched as dad foot connected to the door. Within seconds, the door was forcefully opened.

We all rushed in to see Flynn on top of a struggling Shade. Good thing he only had his shirt off and Shade was fully clothed.

Shade's mum quickly rushed over to the bed, and pulled a stunned Flynn off of her daughter. Emem and I ran to a crying Shade, and pulled her in a hug.

"You ungrateful bastard!" Shade's mum slapped Flynn hard across the face. "I gave you everything. My love, my money and even my body. And that wasn't good enough for you, you went behind my back to rape my daughter?!"

"Darling, I can explain." Flynn tried to get through Shade's mum.

"There's nothing you'd say that would change the truth that was already displayed right in front of my eyes! What do you think you want to explain to me?" She was fuming in anger. "That you magically found yourself on top of my daughter?!"

"The police are here," Dad announced, once he glanced at his phone.

"P-Police?" Flynn stuttered.

"Yes you disgusting asshole," I smirked at him. "The police. And don't you in anyway think that you'd be released easily or any time soon, cause guess what? Your judge would be the famous chief judge, who happens to be my friend's father. So just get ready to say bye bye to the outside world. P.S, Orange will look good on you."

Flynn tried to escape, but my dad who was more bigger and muscular than Flynn, stopped him with little or no effort.

"I'll just drag him outside," He said to mother. Mum gave him a small nod, as dad literally dragged Flynn out of the room.

Shade's mum ran towards us, to inspect her daughter. While Emem and I let go of her.

"Shade, I'm so__"

"Sorry?" Shade scoffed at her mum with watery eyes. "Sorry doesn't bring back my virginity!" Emem placed a calming hand on her shoulder.

"Get her out of my room," Shade tried to calm herself down.

Shade's mum who still wanted to make things right, moved a bit closer towards her daughter. "Shade____"

"I said get out of my room!"

A/N - Poor poor Shade 😥 and a lot of people are suffering the same fate just like her

A/N - Poor poor Shade 😥 and a lot of people are suffering the same fate just like her. Ain't easy to be a neglected child.

What do you think about this chapter? Would love to hear your comments.

Don't forget to vote guys. Hit that star button like you life depends on it 💪💪💪

Next update : Wednesday

Words : 1771

Till next time guys,

Much love

X
-Eddy