I dragged my socked feet across the wooden floorboards and let my hands trail the walls either side of me as I neared Blake’s room. I wanted to dress up a bit more today since I was lazy all this past week, so I actually bothered to look at what I was putting on this time. I just had deep wine-coloured ripped, skinny jeans and a white lace top, with of course black combat boots. It sounded strange, but I liked it.

Turning the door handle, the door didn’t creak like it used to, probably because that was also another object Blake managed to destroy on his rampage. Everything was replaced in the room except the bathroom and closets. Who knew that a room that took hours to complete, could be destroyed in less than 30 seconds? If there was ever a furniture monster, then the outcome of Blake’s rampage would be its vomit.

Pushing the door further in, I noticed Blake was sitting on his bed, his head rested on the head board and he was staring at the screen of his iPhone 5. I thought he would’ve been doing paperwork or something, but all he was doing was staring at the phone, not moving, just staring. It was scaring me slightly, he never used that face in private; he was usually joking around or trying to annoy me in some way or another.

‘What’s wrong with him?!Help him!’ my wolf hissed, banging against the cages I had out around her to restrain her. The last thing I want is for her to take over. All I did was shrug and take my boots off and lightly dropped onto the king-sized bed, there was a large gap between us and my wolf kept yapping at me to see what his problem was.

It almost seemed like he couldn’t see me, as he kept staring at the screen of his phone. I wanted to shake his shoulder and yell ‘wake up!’

“This is the day my parents died,” Blake spoke up, startling me out of my thoughts. I stared at him wide-eyed; we never really talked about his past much, it was kind of hard with me always being kidnapped or being a bait. Thanks to that dye though, my hair is a shade lighter than it used to be, so I decided to just have my hair dip-dyed blonde to make the top-part look darker. I had always had brown hair so it was weird to look in the mirror and see half of my hair blonde.

“Most of the pack here stays quiet, that’s why the pack-house is deserted. Most like to play rugby or football because it was my father’s favourite sport to play. I don’t usually participate, brings back bad memories” I nodded in understanding; since I knew what it was like to have something that triggered memories you’d rather forget.

“Here’s a picture of them” he flipped the phone around do I could see it, the picture  in front of me held middle-aged couple smiling at the camera. Blake looked identical to the man, except he had brown eyes instead of Blake’s bluish-grey. The only thing the woman had in common with Bake was the eye colour, everything else was different. She had long, dirty-blonde hair and pale skin, whilst the man had tan skin, black hair and deep brown eyes. There was also a massive height difference, the man towered over the woman’s tiny frame which looked to be at 5’2.

“How did it happen?” I asked quietly, I moved over a bit so I was sitting right next to him, my hips touching his. He let out a loose breath and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me even closer. It felt good… It felt right for some reason and that scared me alone. Blake pulled the phone back when he saw I wasn’t looking anymore and sighed deeply.

“My mum was going out for a gathering with some of the other Alpha females in North America, so they could discuss some things. It was to take place in Hawaii, but she never made it that far. She stopped at LA so she could catch a flight with one of her friends, and as soon as she stepped off, she was surrounded and shot multiple times in the head.” He swallowed and tightened his grip on my waist.

“My mum wasn’t that strong, neither of her parents had a title or anything so she constantly had guards every time she went out- don’t get me wrong, she was a good leader but didn’t have much physical strength-, but this time she had convinced my dad to let her go alone… That same day my dad was ambushed at a meeting on pack-grounds. He felt her dying and he was left vulnerable, they instantly took that opportunity and he had about twenty on one. Since he had just lost his mate, he didn’t fight much. They tore him to pieces”

“He could’ve easily killed them all but, I guess deep down he wanted to die as well… That comes with having a mate. You know at the start I didn’t want you as well? I convinced myself on the way to the councils’ place that you’d be good for me and you wouldn’t leave. My wolf helped as well” I felt a pang in my chest when  he said that he didn’t want me at the start, even though I knew that, it still hurt. Damn, I was such a hypocrite; I didn’t want him for a while, even more than him!

It was silent after that. It wasn’t awkward, just silent, peaceful kind of. It seemed he needed time to think about that day, I never really knew what happened to his parents, only when I accidentally let out the truth about my past.

“I wish I knew who mine were” I sighed, out of the blue. I felt Blake shift beside me and he turned to look at me, his legs propped out in front of him. “Why are you giving me that look for?” I growled when Blake gave me a ‘you’ve-gotta-be-shitting-me’ look.

“There’s this thing called a DNA test, where you go and find out who you’re related to. It’s amazing really, you should try it someday” He smirked at me sarcastically, making me glower at him slightly. What happened to his depressive mood? Why the sudden change?!

“The sarcasm wasn’t appreciated,” I shook my head and pursed my lips “and I knew that by the way… It’s just… What do I do if I find out who they are? ‘Hey! You might not know me but I’m your daughter who you put in the foster system 18 years ago!’” I mimicked in a goofy voice, raising my eyebrows.

“Just do it, it’s not that hard. Look, there’s a DNA testing facility a couple hours away from here for shifters. I’ll take you tomorrow. Now stop stressing, weirdo, and eat cake or whatever girls do to make themselves happy” His lips twitched, but he desperately tried to keep a straight face as I felt my face get hot.

“Dick!” I scoffed and pushed him away, making him fall onto his back. “And at least I’m not a moody, bastard. I swear you were depressed one minute then the next… Poof! You’re laughing at my expense” I muttered to myself, “unbelievable!”

“Did I mention that you look good today?” he asked, staring up at me as he didn’t bother sitting back up.

“I don’t think you did, and the flattery isn’t going to work” I replied flatly, he grinned up at me and leaned on his elbows for support. His mouth opened and I inwardly groaned- here comes the annoying Blake.

“Ahh shucks!” he groaned sarcastically, “I really thought I was going to get some action tonight!” He slapped the bed in defeat. My eyes bugged and I spluttered when I heard his comment.

“Um…” I tilted my head back, and leaned further away from him as I processed what he said… How the hell do I respond to that?!

“Jeez, calm down, Lee. I was joking, no need to freak out” he murmured, “now what about a B.J?” he smiled; I could see he was fucking with me.

The little bastard.

“Ass!” I hissed and smacked his arm. At least I was in a better mood now.

DeathxDemon