Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Leera’s POV

Staring up at the ceiling, I contemplated running away. Even though the idea was virtually impossible, it made me feel better thinking about it. Sighing, I turned over, sinking my face into the soft covers of my temporary bed.

I don’t see why you’re sad

I gasped sitting up. I looked around frantically, searching for the person who said that. I sniffed the air, and turned up with no scents. Furring my eyebrows, I quietly rose up off my bed, and looked around the bathroom, and all the room. Narrowing my eyes, I crossed my arms over my chest, and sniffed the air one more time.

Nothing

Growling in defeat, I shuffled over to my bed, and looked over to the light green paper, folded a hundred times, resting on the bedside table. It had creases everywhere, and I was proud of it. Opening the curtain next to my bed, I gazed out to the full moon. All that crap about how the moon gave you powers isn’t true- I don’t even know how people thought of it.

But most shifters did like to run under the full moon, weird huh? Taking a seat on top of my bed, I thought about how lucky Avery was. She told me that it would take a bit longer to determine who her mate was because she had gotten a more ‘common’ blood colour, she said hers was dark, but more of a deep rose red colour. Unlike mine, ironic how I just had to get a high ranking mate when other girls would’ve killed for position, and I barely gave a shit.

Right now I wished I was Avery- or even a man. Life would be so much simpler. I know when I meet my mate; he’ll barely let me out of his sight. Hell, I’d have body guards everywhere because I’m an alpha female- and of the most important pack. It’s not like I can’t defend myself or anything, I was the best fighter out of my previous pack- The Oak Wood pack.

We weren’t exactly well-known, but we definably weren’t one of the weakest packs. We still had some influence.

Looking out, the moon was partially covered by grey, stormy clouds- just like my mood. Slowly, my gaze travelled back to the green paper on the table, and the little card that had Miss. Chao’s number- I didn’t even know her first name!

Picking it up carefully, I read what it said-

Miss. Kitty Chao, medicine and surgical expert.
White River pack

Professional Line-
8964 2857

Then underneath all the printed script, was a scribbled mobile number in red pen.

‘Call me if you have any problems- I’ll be there
5873 2250’

Smirking slightly, I chuckled at the horribly drawn smiley face.

Did all doctors have terrible handwriting?

Getting back to the present, I glanced at the digital clock- 11:47pm. Whoa… I didn’t realise I had been up for so long. Taking in a deep breath, I got under the covers, and closed my eyes.

..............................

Groaning, I mumbled curses as someone pounded on my door.

“Go away” I croaked, wincing at my hoarse voice. The door suddenly burst open, and a wide-eyed Avery shot through, closing it after she got inside. She panted slightly, bending over her blue summer dress with leggings underneath.

“You’ll” pant “never” pant “guess who” pant “my” pant “mate is!” she gasped between her uneven breaths.

“You’re right, there are millions of guys in this world who are mate-less, I don’t think I’ll have much of a shot” I raised my eyebrows, smiling cheekily at her. She rolled her eyes, coming to a stand in front of me.