Chapter 9

"Surprised to see you here." Laurel heard her dad say as he walked up to her desk at CNRI.

"Why wouldn't I be at work?" Laurel asked.

"I thought that you wouldn't want to leave Jasmine alone with that idiot you call her father." Quentin said and Laurel rolled her eyes.

"Actually, Jasmine is with Moira today. Tommy's showing Oliver what he missed in the city while he was gone." Laurel said.

"At least you're not willing to leave her with him." Quentin said and Laurel finally looked up from her computer and turned to face her dad.

"Did it ever occur to you that maybe he isn't so bad. After all, I wouldn't be dating him again if he was still the same jerk who got me pregnant in the first place." Laurel said.

"Wait, you're dating him again?" Quentin asked incredulously.

"Yes I am." Laurel said.

"Laurel, he got your sister killed." Quentin said.

"No he didn't. It was an accident dad and it's about time you accepted that. Besides, if you want to blame someone for Sara's death, then you can blame me." Laurel said.

"What?" Quentin asked.

"I pushed her to go on that boat to keep an eye on Ollie, since she was going to China to backpack anyways. If I hadn't, she'd still be here." Laurel said.

"You wouldn't have had to have keep tabs on him if he'd never given you a reason to doubt him." Quentin said immediately.

"God, you'll always find a reason to hate him won't you. Even before the Gambit went down, you never liked him. And now you're using Sara's death as a way to justify not only how you treat him, but also how you've treated his entire family." Laurel spat at him.

"And you should to." Quentin asked.

"Did you forget that his family also includes your granddaughter? What are you going to do now that he's back, tell Jasmine that she's just as bad as he was?" Laurel asked.

"Laurel. He destroyed our family." Quentin said.

"Right. He's the one who convinced Sara to get on that boat. He's the one who's responsible for you becoming an alcoholic. He's responsible for mom walking out on us. It's funny how you're now blaming Ollie for things that happened after he died. And did it ever occur to you that he's suffered enough already. That island he was stranded on, Lian Yu, it means Purgatory. I'm guessing that's what it was for him. If you want to keep blaming him for everything wrong in your life, then go on, but expect me to do it with you." Laurel said.

"Does he know about the other part of your life?" Quentin asked.

"Yeah he does. And unlike you, he actually understands and supports me." Laurel said, since while her father knew about her being a vigilante and he'd come around to her, he still didn't approve of his daughter going against everything he'd ever taught her since she was born.

"Really." Quentin said.

"Yeah." Laurel said, since she didn't want to tell him about Oliver becoming a vigilante to.

"Then I'll give him a shot, as long as he doesn't sell you out." Quentin said.

"I'm more worried about you selling me out than him." Laurel said, much to his shock.

"If I was going to turn you in, I would've done it the day I found out about you." Quentin said.

"Look dad, I know you have your problems with Ollie, but you trust me right?" Laurel asked.

"Of course I do." Quentin said.

"Then trust that I know what I'm doing that Oliver really has changed. The fact that I trust him has to say something." Laurel said.

"Fine, I still don't like him, but if you trust him, then I guess that warrants giving him a chance." Quentin said.

"Thank you dad. Why don't you come over for dinner tomorrow night. Though there will be no alcohol." Laurel said.

"Fine. Dinner tomorrow. I'll be there, make sure your boyfriend is to." Quentin said and Laurel knew that was the best she'd get from her father right now.

"Thank you dad. Oh and by the way, I'm going to need you to watch Jasmine next week, since after he's legally brought back from the dead tomorrow, Oliver and I are taking a little overnight trip." Laurel said.

"Really where?" Quentin asked.

"Gotham. I want to check out this new Batwoman vigilante." Laurel said and Quentin nodded, since that made sense.