Chapter 5

The next morning, Laurel opened her eyes and smiled when she found out that she was still in Oliver's bedroom at the Queen Mansion, since it meant that yesterday had not been a dream. Her Ollie really had come home. However, she was slightly discouraged when she rolled over and found the other side of the bed empty, but her fears were immediately settled when she saw him walk in, dressed in a sweatshirt and workout pants and a bit sweaty.

"Morning." Oliver said with a smile.

"I don't remember you being such an early riser." Laurel said.

"This was normal for me now. Turns out you can do a lot more during the day if you don't sleep till noon everyday." Oliver said.

"So, where were you?" Laurel asked.

"Just going for a jog around the grounds. I have to admit, it is nice to be able to go running when it's not from something trying to kill me." Oliver said.

"I bet. So how was your run?" Laurel asked.

"Well, it definitely helped me focus." Oliver said as he sat down next to her on the bed and kissed her.

"Ew, Ollie, I may still love you, but you really do stink." Laurel said and Oliver smiled.

"So, what are you gonna do about it?" Oliver asked and Laurel smiled, since she knew what he wanted, but she was not going to give into him right away, though she knew she would pretty quickly.

"I'm not gonna kiss you until you shower." Laurel said.

"Or, you could join me, since I'm sure you need to freshen up to." Oliver said and Laurel smiled as she let him drag her out of bed and into the bathroom.

After they'd showered and got dressed, Laurel checked her messages and saw a text from her dad asking to keep Jasmine for a few more hours. Laurel rolled her eyes at that, but Oliver convinced her to say yes.

"So, why did you want to put off meeting Jasmine for a little while?" Laurel asked as they walked downstairs to breakfast.

"Isn't customary for an absentee parent to give their child a present when the surprisingly show in their lives?" Oliver asked and now Laurel understood. Oliver wanted to make sure that Jasmine wasn't mad at him.

"Yeah, we'll go shopping after breakfast." Laurel said.

"Did I hear the word shopping?" Thea asked as she walked up to them.

"No Speedy, you have school and it's a shopping trip to get something to apologize to Jasmine for being gone for 5 years." Oliver said and Thea nodded.

"Fine." She said.

"But, I do have something for you." Oliver said as he reached into his pocket.

"You did not come back from that island with a souvenir." Thea said as Oliver pulled out the hozen.

"A rock." Thea said.

"It's called a hozen. It represents reconnecting. Something I hope the two of us can do." Oliver said and Thea smiled at her brother.

"A rock, now, that's cool. I want one of those shirts that says, my friend was a castaway and all I got was this crappy t-shirt." Tommy said, ruining the moment yet again.

"And it's nice to see that that you still know how to ruin the moment Tommy." Thea said.

"So, I'm assuming that Oliver already gave you your present." Tommy said to Laurel.

"What makes you say that?" Laurel asked.

"You spent the night here." Tommy said with a look that made Laurel smack him.