Chapter 2

Oliver was currently looking out over the Starling City skyline, thinking about how peaceful the city looked right now. He'd honestly almost forgotten how peaceful the city could be when it wasn't being threatened by terrorist attacks on a yearly basis. But seeing the city like this, it just reminded Oliver what he was fighting for. His city and the people in it. All of them.

However, he was pulled from his thoughts when he heard the door of his hospital room open and he turned to see his mother, alive and well walk up to him.

"Oliver?" Moira Queen asked tearfully.

"Hi mom." Oliver said, relieved that this time, it really was his mom he was saying that to as she rushed up and hugged him tearfully.

"Oh, my beautiful boy." Moira wept as she held Oliver tightly and he held her just as tightly as he thought of the past two times he'd lost her.

"I missed you so much." Oliver said as he felt his own tears fall down his cheeks.

"I'm so happy you're home." Moira said through her sobs as the pain she'd been holding onto for the past five years was finally released.

"So am I." Oliver said with a smile.

Oliver smiled as he sat in the limo from the hospital and saw the Queen Mansion, restored to its former glory, come into view.

"I'll take that." Oliver said to the driver as he grabbed the crate with Chinese writing on it as he walked into the mansion.

"Your room is exactly how you left it. I never had the heart to change anything." Moira said, however, before Oliver could respond, he was forced to drop the crate he was holding when someone ran into his arms and Moira smiled when she saw who it was.

"Hi sis." Oliver said as he gently rubbed Thea's back as he felt her cry tears of joy for him.

"I knew it. I knew you were still alive." Thea said with a wide grin and Oliver felt a slight pang in his chest at the innocence on her face. An innocence Malcolm had stolen from her. This 17 year old teenager looked nothing like the grown warrior Thea had been the last time he'd seen her.

Moira smiled at the reunion between her two children.

"I missed you so much." Thea cried.

"You were with me the whole time." Oliver said as he saw someone else walk downstairs and he smiled.

"What did I tell you man. Yachts suck." Tommy Merlyn said as he came downstairs and Oliver smiled as he let Thea go.

"Tommy." Oliver said.

"I knew you were too stubborn to be dead." Tommy said as they hugged.

"I missed you buddy." Oliver said tearfully.

"Whoa, why are you looking at me like I'm the one who was dead for five years?" Tommy asked.

"I just really missed you. All of you." Oliver said.

"Well, it's nice to have you home Oliver." a new voice said as Oliver froze to see Malcolm Merlyn walk in.

"Malcolm, uh what are you doing here?" Oliver asked, desperately hoping this wasn't what he thought it was.

"Well Oliver, I wasn't planning on telling you this yet, but Malcolm and I are married." Moira said.

"Really." Oliver said, forcing a smile on his face, since he knew that this Malcolm was really a sociopath.

"Oliver, we thought that Robert, like you, was gone." Moira said.

"Mom it's okay. I wasn't expecting you to hold on to dad forever. He would've wanted you to move on. Though I honestly thought it would've been with Walter." Oliver said and Moira smiled.

"Walter was nice, but he sold his shares in the company after your father died." Moira said.

"Hey, at least my parents really are married now." Thea said bluntly, taking Oliver aback that Thea already knew.

"Wait, what?" Oliver asked, causing both Moira and Malcolm to shoot Thea a look.

"Oliver, I told Thea not to tell you this yet, since I knew you'd need time to adjust before I told you." Moira said.

"Told me what?" Oliver asked, even though he already knew.

"Your father, while he was a good man deep down," Moira said and Oliver had to resist the urge to scoff, since he knew that was the farthest thing from the truth, Robert Queen was many things, but since he'd found about Emiko, Oliver knew that a good man was not one of them, "but he was not a faithful husband. About 18 years ago, I have into a moment of weakness after learning about his latest infidelity and Malcolm had been grieving Rebecca at the time. We had an affair and nine months later, Thea was born." Moira said.

"So Thea is Malcolm's daughter." Oliver said.

"Yeah, I was shocked when I first found out." Thea said.

"Well, I guess it does explain her dark hair. No one else in this family was ever a dark brunette." Oliver said, since his hair was light brown and his mother was blonde.

Moira chuckled.

"You're not mad." Moira asked.

"Mom, I don't think I of all people have the right to be mad at anyone for having an affair." Oliver reminded her, right as the door opened.

"At least you admit it." a new voice said and Oliver turned to see Laurel standing in the doorway.

"Laurel." Oliver said and to his relief, she smiled at him.

"Hi Ollie." Laurel said as Oliver walked up to her.

"You look good." Oliver said and Laurel smiled.

"So do you for a former castaway." Laurel said.

"You always said I cleaned up nice." Oliver said and Laurel smiled as they hugged tightly.

"I missed you so much." Laurel said.

"I was afraid you'd blame me for what happened to Sara." Oliver said, fighting the urge he had to kiss her, since he didn't know if she was ready for that yet.

"I did for awhile, but it was only because I blamed myself. Maybe if I hadn't had pushed so hard for her to go and keep an eye on you, she wouldn't have gone." Laurel said as she pulled away.

"You know if I could trade places with her, I would." Oliver said, despite knowing that Sara was alive.

"I know." Laurel assured him.

"Laurel, are you staying for dinner?" Moira asked.

"Yeah, I am. I have a few other things I need to talk to Ollie about first though." Laurel said and Moira nodded.

"We'll leave you to it." Moira said as she grabbed Thea's arm and practically dragged her away so that she wouldn't eavesdrop on this conversation and Malcolm and Tommy followed them.

"Let's talk." Oliver said and Laurel nodded as they moved to the living room.