Chapter 30: Change for the Good Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

Sebastian approached Cecile at Jitters where she would be meeting Joe. "District Attorney Cecile Horton?"

"Barry." Cecile jumped. "What's with the formalities. You know you can call me Cecile."

Sebastian snickered. "Figures Barry knows the District Attorney."

"Excuse me?"

"Apologies." Sebastian said with a small nod of his head and offered his hand. "I'm Sebastian Smythe. Barry's twin brother."

"I didn't know that Barry was a twin." Cecile said shaking his hand. "Of course, I knew that he was fostered..."

"The white shadow of the West Family kind of gave it away." Sebastian chuckled. "I was adopted by my godparents, the Smythes."

"Oh, okay. Nice to meet you Sebastian. What can I do for you?"

"I know this is a little outside of protocol, but I would like to offer my services with the Central City District Attorney's office."

"We're always in need of some able hands." Cecile said. "You should probably contact our Human Resources..."

"I would like to apply as Assistant District Attorney." Sebastian said abruptly. "Specifically, for the Metahuman cases."

"There is no Metahuman branch in the DA's office."

"No. But think about it." Sebastian encouraged. "In Central City alone, Metahumans pose as thirty percent of the population. That is not including other unusual mutations found outside of Central City that find their way into our metahuman wing in Iron Heights. While the Flash is a well-known and a well-loved character within the city limits, he is still a metahuman. He is still a citizen. What more of other metahumans who decided, I won't live my life of crime and I will try my best to live my life as normally as I could. But as soon as their metahuman powers are discovered, they are left to rot. With nothing more than the clothes on their backs and whatever they could salvage before they too would go for a life of crime."

"You seem very well versed in the metahuman crime situation, Mr. Smythe." Cecile commented. "A little too well versed."

Sebastian shrugged. "My brother is the CSI of the CCPD, he handles a lot of the metahuman cases for CCPD and has had a penchant of looking for the impossible since we were children. Someone has to keep track of what he's getting into. And I myself have been into some squabbles due to metahuman prejudice. I have witnessed a lot of it myself. If the Flash had suddenly revealed himself into his workplace, he would be praised and applauded. Every Central City Citizen should have the same respect. If people of color and different religions, and with permanent injuries have rights, what makes metahumans any different. What happened to them is an accident. It has crippled them into powers they have no control over, they shouldn't be prosecuted for it. Them having powers make them no less a Citizen. The entire country might see it as a crime, but if we, Central City, their home, protects them the rest of the country will follow."

"Those are some very ambitious plans, Sebastian."

Sebastian gave a small smile. "Ms. Horton..."

"Please, call me Cecile."

"Cecile, my brother and I vowed when we were eleven that we will get our dad exonerated and find who killed our mother." Sebastian declared. "After fourteen years, we have succeeded. My brother is an accomplished CSI and I am a seasoned lawyer. I vowed to my mentor that I will bring justice for all the prejudice of Central City's metahumans. And I will."

"Interesting." Cecile mused. "I need to handle this case with Joe West. But I will think about it."

"That's all I ask." Sebastian said with a nod. He handed her an envelope. "Here's a copy of my credentials. Hope to hear from you soon."

"Of course."

Sebastian was about to walk away when he heard Cecile call for him.

"Your mentor should be really honored to have your dedication in this case."

"She is." Sebastian said with a smile. "I hope to do her proud."

"May I ask who it is?" Cecile asked. "I am curious. I may know of her."

"You would." Sebastian said with a sad smile. "I'm doing this for Laurel Lance. This is what she would've wanted. She couldn't do this for Star City. But I hope to honor her legacy."

"I hope so too."

~()~

Sebastian walked down the stony path of the graveyard. Wreathes still stood on easels with bouquets still spread around the gravestone over the freshly turned ground. The stone engraving still fresh on the clean marble stone. He lay a bouquet of Violet Lilacs and Lilies on the grave.

Dinah Laurel Lance

1985 - 2016

The Black Canary

"Hey Laurel. I knew it's been a while." Sebastian said. "I just got back into my job. Central City's a mess. Zoom's been wreaking so much havoc and City Hall can barely keep up. Barry's working himself to the ground with the Flash and the CSI work."

"I've been assigned as the Assistant DA for Metahuman Proceedings. I never thought I would be divulging myself deep into politics. You were always better at me at this. You were always the one for the people. I was never the one who fought those kinds of battles."

He stood there rambling. Reminiscing on when he met her back in law school. She set him straight. She always reeled in his inner Slytherin as Barry would say. She knew how to put things into perspective and it made him into the lawyer he is now.

"It's not fair. You were always the best of us. No one was as clever and as strong as you were. You made me a great lawyer. You and Oliver would've set Star City back straight."

"I promise, Laurel. I will honor your legacy in my City. I will not fail you. I will bring justice with honor into my little town of metahumans.

Okay... So this has been a long time coming.

I'm sorry its been a while. I think I have like 3 chapters left for this before I add another story that would be based on post Flash point version of this. So it wont be too messed up.
I got hooked in Avatar the Legend of Aang again. I have 2 fics planned and I have pitched a story idea with the Karry Universe team. I officially have "Adopted Earth" aka Earth 42 of the Karry Multiverse. I thought it would be a good fic to try. I am excited to work on it. It would be a little like a mix of The Allen Twins and Who is Sebastian Smythe Series but more Flash based.
I have so many ideas this Christmas Season. I want to do so much. I want to get the Karry story started, I want to try my hand on some cheesy Christmas story romance. And the possibilities are endless.

Anyways. Hope you liked the fic. This is a bit of a filler. But we will get more into Evil Seb in the next chapter.

Please leave me a Review. : )