Real life

Day 2 of 24

Kit stood in the kitchen, waiting on the kettle to boil

Kit stood in the kitchen, waiting on the kettle to boil. She was on the phone to her dad.

"Yes, dad, I know that you won't be able to make it till a week. I don't mind, you have work to do." She sighed loudly.
"I feel bad." Robert replied.
"Don't. I don't care. You'll be here for Christmas and that is all that matters."
"Always so positive." He laughed.
"Got that from mom." Kit said sadly as she poured the water.
"She'd be proud of you kiddo. I know I am."
"Yeah. I miss her though."
"You and me both. But she's watching us right now."
"Yeah, listen I better go, talk to you soon."
"Counting on it kid."
"Bye dad."
Bye sweetheart." Robert replied before hanging up

Kit smiled as she finished making her cup of tea. As she went into the living room her laptop dinged, indicating a voice call. She smiled as she seen Toms face pop up. She quickly accepted it as she sat down. It has been a month since she had last saw him in person and it's still another week until he finished filming for Christmas. She missed him but was used to being apart for a certain amount of time, she knew that it was how their relationship would be when she married him and she didn't care.

"Babe? Can you hear me?" Tom asks in a tired voice.
"Yes I can! Can you hear me?"
"Loud and clear, " He winked causing Kit to laugh.
"You seem tired." She observed.
"Just finished filming. What have you been doing with yourself?"
"Met with school friends."
"Any guy I should be worried about?" He joked with his eyebrows raised.
"Not even a bit," She sighed lovingly admiring his beautiful features on the screen.
"I miss you so much baby," Tom sighs and she noticed the sadness in his voice.
"I miss you too, but it's just one more week, remember?" She tells him trying to cheer him up, not showing how hard it was on her as well.
"Yeah. I can't wait to hold you close again. I miss having you near me " He whined at the end.
"Aww babe, I miss you being near me too." She smiled softly.
"Can't you come over before I finish?" He asked shyly.
"Sorry love, I've to wrap up work over here. But when we get back I promise I'll make up for the time apart." She smiled.
"You know I can't say no to you" He laughed.
"I know, it's because you love me." She said confidently.
"Your fault." He stated.
"I know. I made you fall for me so hopelessly you'll never ever want anyone else. You are chained to me forever, your fate is to admire me until the end of time."
Toms happy laugh makes Kit's lips curl upwards.
"Is it weird that I'm totally fine with it?" He asks, leaning closer.
"Not at all, cause I'm totally fine with doing the same with you," She replied making him smile at her lovingly.

Harry walked into Toms trailer and looks at Tom as he turns around.
"Tom, your needed."
"Now?" He asks disappointed.
"Yep, sorry." Harry replied shaking his head, "Hi Kit" He smiled causing Kit to wave at him.
"Alright, give me ten minutes." Tom replied, turning back to the screen with a frown.
"Bye Kit." Harry replied.
"Bye Harry." Kit laughed as he left.

"Babe, I have to go." Tom said apologetically.
"It's okay, go, do your thing."
"I'll call you in the night."
"Okay" Kit smiled at him with an aching heart.
"Bye baby,I love you!" Leaning closer he kisses the camera making her laugh.
"One week, love you." She said, blowing him a kiss.
"Love you too," He replied, pretending to catch it before the call ends.

Kit sighed and got up as the door knocked, knowing it was Nikki.