• Charles L •

sxrryforthebadword

At the start of the week the prospect of staying in Brazil after the race was extremely appealing to Charles. However, after the race it was a different feeling and Charles wanted to get out of the country as soon as possible. The flight home was a silent one as Charles pulled on an eye mask and slept for the entire time.

•••

It was a new day when we landed in Monaco, yet, he remained silent. Once back in our apartment Charles muttered that he wanted to sleep and I sighed softly. I always feel terrible that I can't really help him after a bad weekend apart from offering my condolences. Before he got in bed I gave him a strict warning to stay off social media as that never helped with his emotions. I made myself a simple lunch and went onto the balcony. I begin to slip into a deep binge watch of some new Netflix show on my tablet that was set up on the table. The balcony was peaceful as a gentle lull fell over Monaco and the breeze played slightly against my hair. Charles had recently bought a daybed piece for the balcony and I heavily approved as it was like a cloud underneath me. I turned as the doors slid open behind me,

"Hello." Charles said, his voice was thick with sleep and his raven hair stuck out in fluffy intervals.

"Hey...good sleep?" I asked quietly as I realised the time.

Charles has been asleep for a solid 5 hours meaning it was 5:00pm, this meant he hadn't spoken a word to me for 17 hours since I met him after the race.

"What's wrong?" He asked intently, coming over to sit with me.

"You... you're so sad and there isn't anything I can do about it!" I exclaimed,

He laughed at my outburst and wrapped me up in his arms. He was sat up behind me and let my head fall against his chest so I could hear his heart beating faintly against my ear.

"You can help by being you that is all I can ask... now do you want to watch the sunset?"

I nodded against his chest and felt a small smile creep upon my lips as he pressed a deep kiss upon me. I turned to see the sun sinking down past the harbour and the lights of Monaco began turning on in one united orange hue. Charles fingers began trailing up and down my sides which slightly ticked but was ultimately relaxing as I relaxed against his body.

"Sorry for being so distanced y/n but I just... it was a difficult weekend but I'm much happier now with you here." Charles admitted, his head now resting on my shoulder as he peppered light kisses along my jaw.

"I love you charles." I whispered against his lips,

"I love you more y/n." He replied with a small chuckle and held me tightly into a loving kiss...