• Alex A •

shestands

I had promised Alex I could make it to the Russian Grand Prix. I had been promising him now for 3 months as it was his favourite track and he said he had some great dates planned in the city. Yet, after a week of hard revision, exams, almost zero sleep and a mountain of essays slowly building up it was looking like my chances of making it to the race and keeping my sanity all in one was very slim. Alex was making dinner downstairs, dancing and humming along to the radio, his excitement for the weekend uncontrollable. His result from Singapore boosted his confidence within the car greatly and for a track he knew and loved so much he was aiming for an even higher position in Sochi.

He was also thinking I was going to be there. I nervously stepped myself down stairs and hovered by the doorframe of the kitchen. He noticed me after doing a full 360 turn and abruptly stopped, a crimson red blush blossoming on his cheeks and spreading on his face as he giggled nervously,

"Erm hey... like the dancing?" He scratched his neck nervously at being caught mid concert. I laughed nervously, sidestepping my feet in an awkward shuffle and began pulling my sweater over my fingers.

His face dropped, Alex knew this as a sign of me being nervous. He rushed over and placed a light grip on my shoulder, the other slipping into my hand and giving it a gentle squeeze.

"What's wrong?" He asked,

"I don't think I can make this weekend, I have so much to do and I'm so tired but I need to be there for you... Alex I'm so sorry."

"Can I tell you the perks of being a redbull drivers girlfriend?" He muses, I nod with a slight grin,

"So we can get a private transfer to the airport and use the back entrance and get on the redbull only flight."
He added with a slight wiggle of his brows, I laughed as he continued,

"It's then a 7 hour flight with nothing to distract you but me giving you motivation and great pep talk kisses."

"Then in the hotel suite you can finish off any essays you need to do and sleep for 15 full hours before the first practice, so if that is still not enough time to write and rest I'm sorry love but you're stuck." He said with a wide grin,

"Okay Albon, you've won me over... we're going to Sochi."

He cheered and punched the air before lifting me up by the waist and twirling me round in the air above him. I squealed as he latched me onto his shoulder; a person of my height was not used to being twirled around 6ft in the air. He eventually sat me on the kitchen island and stood in between my legs as I latched my arms around his neck. He was bursting with joy and was lightly tickling my sides with excitement to the fact I could still come.

"So, essays in the air, fun." He sarcastically said, I rolled my eyes and began to slip my fingers through his dark hair,

"The mile high club sounds much more entertaining." He muttered and I swatted his arm in mild shock.

He laughed and meant down to meet my eyes,

"Can I kiss you?" He whispered softly against my ear,

"Yes, yes a million times yes."

With that he placed his lips onto mine with his usual soft and gentle approach warming my heart as let myself melt into the arms of the boy that literally changed my world...