• Mick S •

I was thinking, lay on my bed staring at the ceiling; thinking. I was thinking about Mick and I and our relationship; or more his relationship with his life which I now seem to be a spare part in that has been thrown to the side after deemed useless by him. My mind began replaying memories of recent events...

•••

"You can come with me to the circuit this weekend can't you y/n?" Mick asked, hope clearly filling his voice.

I shot him a grin and he jumped up, swirling me around in his arms, I buried my head in the crook of his neck as he lowered me down.

"Thank you so much babe, you're gonna love it!" He grinned at me.

Except I didn't. I felt lost in my own life with my own boyfriend and in my own body. Mick didn't introduce me to anybody at all but left me hanging at his side. He completely ignored me in the garage all weekend leaving me to sit on a stool with all of his engineers throwing glances in my way in confusion as to why I was sat in silence on my own. Mick ending up winning his f2 race that weekend and went out to an after party with all his Prema teammates yet didn't invite me.

•••

I closed my eyes with a sigh, annoyed at Mick but also annoyed with myself for putting up with it for so long. I rolled onto my side of the bed me and Mick shared but mainly just me lying alone waiting for Mick. Another memory rolled into my thoughts...

•••

"Come on Y/N this team party is important to me and it would mean a lot of you were there, I want to show you off." He winked with a sly grin at me.

I giggled and nodded, "Alright, I'll be there."

And I was. I was there waiting for Mick to introduce me to his teammates and 'show me off ' as he had promised but I was sat alone in a corner watching Mick get increasingly drunk with his friends and more chatty with a particular blonde in a red dress. That night I went home alone in a taxi and Mick... well I don't know where he went to spend the night but I'm pretty sure I know who he spent it with...

•••

A few tears escaped my closed eyelids and I furiously wiped them away when I heard the front door shut. I waited for a call up maybe , "Babe I'm home!" Or "Y/N come here!" But no... nothing, just the silence. I'd had it, I was done with loving someone but not getting any love back. I hastily grabbed my phone, it's charger, a hoodie and my handbag before swiftly going downstairs.

"I'm staying at my friends for a bit, I need to clear my head." I stated, trying to show determination but my voice wavered slightly.

"What why?" Mick demanded, rushing in from the living room,

"I can't live like this Mick, you ignore me, leave me sitting alone , promise nights and weekends of great memories but I'm left crying alone in a hotel room whilst you go and spend the night with a stranger... I can't do it anymore." I sob, tears rolling down my cheeks as I look in despair at him.

He looked shocked, his mouth slightly open.

"Y/N I didn't know you felt that way I would never do anything to hur-"

"But you did Mick, you always do, I know you don't mean to but you make me feel like I'm alone in this relationship, this house and this life... this-" I choke back a sob as I try to continue,

"This doesn't feel like us anymore."

I look into his eyes searching for an emotion but I couldn't find anything, he just stood staring at me.

"I'll come back tomorrow and get the rest of my stuff and then..." I stopped with a sad sigh.

I gently padded over to him, placed a hand on his shoulder before leaving a last kiss on his rosy cheek.

"Bye Mick."

I muttered before walking out...