"Pol it'll be alright. I'll go too, you can trust me. But Pol, if you keep acting like this with him. You'll push him away." Lucie smiled softly.

"What the fuck would you know about it. I don't see your child running around here." Polly spat.

Lucie's face dropped, tears forming in her eyes. Arthur and John watched her take in a breath to compose herself. No body dared get in between.

"I know how you felt when you're children were taken Polly. But you're lucky enough to have him back. So don't fuck it up." Lucie began to walk away, however she turned back around.

"And don't speak to me unless it's a fucking apology." Lucie stormed out of the room. Passing Michael as she did, not bothering to say goodbye to her old friend. She walked straight out of the betting shop and made her way to the Garrison.

Barley anyone was inside, but sooner in the day the pub was bound to be packed. Lucie missed the old Garrison set up. Her and Harry would laugh the days away. She missed that.

"Harry?" Lucie shouted through a bow empty bar.

"Alright Luce, on your own?" Harry questioned, flicking a rag over his shoulder.

"Erm yes. I was wondering if maybe, we'll what if I came back for a while." Lucie paused. "As a barmaid?"

"I've fuckin' missed you. Now aprons on your hook, get it in and get ready." Harry laughed, causing a large smile to spread across Lucie's face.

After Lucie had stormed out of the betting den everyone stayed silent. Nobody wanted to talk. Esme had turned away from Polly after what she said, Arthur looked down and the table and John stared at Thomas waiting for him to do something.

He calmly walked towards Polly, putting his cigarette out as he did. Everyone had their eyes on him, watching to see what he'd say.

"When we come to collect Michael tomorrow, you will apologise to her. That was my child too Polly. My child that could've been fucking running around here." Thomas moved towards the door. "Never bring it up again."

Thomas slammed the door as Lucie did previously. He walked into the sitting room where Michael sat absolutely dumbfound at what he'd heard moments ago.

"Where'd she go then? Eh?" Thomas grilled.

"She mumbled bar and serve the fucking drink." Michael replied in fear.

"Right." Thomas spoke and the left, slamming the front door too.

Thomas headed straight for the Garrison in search for Lucie.

"Harry! Where do they keep the scotch?" Lucie shouted to the back as she served a customer.

"Second cupboard on the left." Harry replied.

Lucie served the somewhat drunken man with a soft smile and began to wipe down the bar. She'd missed this. Not having to worry about anything but whether or not she'd drop the glass. Being careful as she stood on the table to sing. Waiting for Thomas to walk through the doors.

"Luce."

"Jesus fuck, how did you do that." She laughed.

"Do what?" Thomas replied, heading for the bar.

"I-it-em- doesn't matter." She stuttered.

"What you doing back in here, eh? Lucie you don't need to work." He softened his face slightly.

"I'm always bored, Tom. I never do anything but sit at home, sit with Esme, sit with Polly. Sit at the door of your flat hoping your home when you aren't because you jut take off to fucking London without ever telling me!" Lucie had a sudden burst of anger.

"Thomas-I-I didn't mean it like that. I-I-Its just. I feel alone. You're never here anymore. Arthur is too wrapped up in cocaine, Esme has John. Michael has Pol. Polly has Michael. Finn's grown up now. Ada's in London." Lucie sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

"Arthur can go to London from now on. I'll go if it's urgent. John's got jobs so Esme'll be free. I'll pay for you to see Ada. God, Luce, I'd buy you the world if I could." Thomas smiled.

"But, money can't buy happiness Tom." Lucie spoke softly. "Look, you go do your business, I need some time to clear my head. I'll come round to the flat at nine. If you aren't there I'll -em - go home or see Esme. I'm sorry. But after what Polly said I need some reset time." Lucie smiled sorrowfully.

Thomas just nodded and left, giving Lucie a small wave as he reached the doors. She let out a sigh began to clean different glasses that were still left.

Thomas walked down the cobbles, greeting Esme who had just left the betting shop.

"Where were she then?" Esme questioned.

"Garrison, back workin' again. Said she feels all alone. I'd give her some space 'till Tomorrow maybe." Thomas spoke out of breath.

"How long's it been, Tommy? How longs it been since you told her she was beautiful? How long since you two spent a day together? A bloody night together? How long's it been since you told her you love her?" Esme asked, in a calm manner, attempting to help Tommy.

"I haven't." He whispered.

"You what?" Esme asked, checking she'd heard him right. "Tommy you've know her two years. It's about time don't you think? Wars over. Kimber's gone. You promised her. I hope to God you keep it."