Chapter 21: The Brawl

Start from the beginning

Elsa stood up from her sister's blocking embrace, running towards the two men. She defensively blasted an icicle that hung Abaddon on the wall, Helena and Kristoff helping up the weakened prince.

Abaddon struggled against the ice, its point almost touching his neck.

Elsa glared at him coldly, her cheeks fuming, "Nobody hurts Aiden." She muttered under her breath, frost covering Abaddon's tunic. Abaddon gritted his teeth, pushing his booted foot forward, kicking Elsa on her stomach painfully.

Elsa was taken aback, collapsing as she clutched her stomach in pain, hissing. Aiden gasped angrily, limping towards the king; but was blocked by Kristoff. Kristoff motioned for him to look after Elsa, Aiden agreeing and going to his beloved's side.

Abaddon gasped once a fist met his nose. Kristoff furiously punched him again on the stomach, Abaddon fooled into thinking the ice harvester's fist is made out of iron. Blood ran down from his nose, a dark spot forming around his left eye.

"You..." Kristoff growled, pinning the burly king on the wall, "You have hurt my sister. You have hurt my family. You have spat on my Anna. You hurt Aiden. You abused your own wife. Don't you do anything else, or you'll find yourself in hell. You got that?" Kristoff angrily seethed.

"Guards!" Anna called loudly, letting a pair of armored guards rush inside. Anna had made sure to use the emergency tone. "In the name of the Queen!" The guards yelled as they burst through, unsheathing swords, but shocked to find their future prince barely sparing the now weakened northern king.

"Arrest this man, at once! He had offended and attacked the Queen!" Kristoff threw the weak king to the guards angrily, letting them glare at him for hurting their beloved monarch. They took him away, the five of them knowing he was on his way to the dungeons.
____________________________________
Elsa approached Aiden weakly, the bruise on her stomach making her uncomfortably walk up to him. Helena lets her son lean up against her for support, Elsa observing what her fire prince had suffered. There were bruises on his face; a cut on his arm, a bloody nose, and...

Elsa worriedly gazed up at him, but Aiden cuts her off and hugs her albeit he whimpered, she comfortingly hugged him back, kissing his cheek. Aiden cupped her face, gently saying, "Are you okay? I'm so sorry I didn't get to protect you earlier, I'm so—"

"—shh, it's okay. It's only a bruise.."

"A big one, you tell me! Let's get both of you to the medical wing, alright?" Helena insisted, helping both of them.  Anna and Kristoff exchanged looks and saw blood dripping down Aiden's leg, but there wasn't a single cut on his legs.

Anna dashed up to him, raising up his shirt to see a deep, clean cut on his stomach. Elsa and Helena's eyes widened, seeing the hidden wound. Aiden covered it up as quickly as possible, his vision getting blurry.

Kristoff yelled for help, a woman wearing a white dress rushing up to them with a stretcher, Kristoff lifting him up, Aiden passing out in pain.
____________________________________
"Will he be fine?"

"I'm sure he will be, he was conscious for a few moments before it, it must be minor. We have cleaned it to patch it up, we're sure it won't scar. As for the queen, a little bit of ice will make the bruise disappear like nothing happened." The medic replied to Helena, but the northern queen still remained sick worried for her son.

She was burning in anger, alright. That man was near to the point to kill his own son, attacked a queen of a foreign country, she was sure he will be forced to step down from the crown once they return.

She sighed, knowing she'll be the reigning monarch now. She never really liked being the country's queen, and she knew Aiden doesn't like to be next in line either.

How he protected the Queen of Arendelle so boldly in front of his rude father, how he kissed her forwardly on the docks, how he wrapped his arms around her...

It feels strange to see her son with a melted heart.

"Your grace," Magoo called. The personal guard was standing behind the door, making sure the snow queen and the fire prince were secured, "I have so much to tell you about, Queen Helena. It's been quite a month."

"I could tell. I will be forever grateful for you guarding my son every corner he goes. How was he the past few weeks?"

"That's what I was going to speak to you about. A miracle happened. Your highness, he was nothing but a smiling goof every morning, like a lovesick boy."

"... Does Queen Elsa know of his abilities?"

"Ah. Aiden hasn't spoken to me about that. Perhaps we shall ask the queen about it once she wakes up?"

"Well, if you're certain."