Roses

"Why these roses?"
"Because I love you"
"I love you too"
" Ten Years journey and still counting , I hope to continue as long as we can together "
"  Albert, we shall be, till death does it worse"
" I really do love you"
" Please don't cry, we are in this together. I shall conquer this illness with your undying love"😐
" But it's hard to see you endure all this pain "
"Just trust in what we share, I need you to be strong for our children"
He leans in to plant a kiss on her forehead and departs.
As the days go by, Susan begins to recuperate faster. Finally she was discharged from the hospital.
******
"Mummy, mummy"
"Yes my dear"
" I want to go and see Grandpa "
"Damien,  Could you please request that properly"
" I'm sorry mom, Please I want to go and visit grandpa over the weekend"
" That's more like it, We shall all go over there "
"Thank you mom"
" I think your Dad is back..."
...***

****
Epilogue
Adele,after so many years turned a new leaf. She apologized to Susan and her family, Albert and also to her own parents. Her little family with Richard, thrived amidst the little arguments they had at times.
Same with Susan, And when Susan lost her dad in death, Adele, proved to be the friend she had from the very beginning. It was as though they had begun another journey of friendship...
Never leave a relationship for a few faults
Nobody is perfect.
Nobody is always right.
Affection is always greater than perfection.