Chapter 35: Opened and Closed

Start from the beginning

The twins smiled and clapped, pulling away their robes, revealing their new bathing suits. "Time to hit the beach!"

            Azula smirked as she spotted a group playing kuai ball on the beach

Azula smirked as she spotted a group playing kuai ball on the beach. Her competitive side rose to the surface and she called them over. "Hey beach bums, we're playing next. TY LEE, GET OVER HERE NOW!"

The girl, who was at the moment enjoying the shade and breeze provided by three men, stood on her hands and flipped before rushing to Azula's side.

Zuko stood up and took off his robe, showing off his lean, toned body. A group of girls spotted him and looked on with obvious interest, making Mai slightly twitch. She stood up as well and took Zuko's arm as they followed Azula.

After careful observation of the enemy team, Azula huddled her team and relayed the plan. "See the girl with the pigtails? When she runs towards the ball, there's just the slightest hesitation on her left foot. I bet a childhood injury has weakened her. Keep serving the ball to her left and we'll destroy her and the rest of her team. Dismissed."

Azula was the first to serve the ball. She tossed it high in the air and jumped after it. She struck the ball with her knee and pushed it towards the other team who didn't even have a chance to stop the fast projectile.

The other team countered by serving a slow ball that fell near the net. Zuko dove to the front and kicked up the ball, his sister followed him and sent the ball flying back towards the girl in pigtails.

The game went on that way. They completely annihilated the other team with fast serves and strong spikes. One last serve was particularly high. The siblings exchanged a brief look and a nod. Zuko hunched over and Azula ran, using her brother's back as a boost and jumping up in the air, spinning once and delivering the final blow to the ball.

It landed with a slight explosion on the sand, sending the players of the enemy team on their backs. The net caught fire from the explosion and Azula stood close as she taunted the other team. "Yes! We have defeated you for all time! You will never rise from the ashes of your shame and humiliation!" She turned back to her teammates with a smile. "Well, that was fun."

"I'm having a party tonight, you should come by." Two men approached Ty Lee, impressed after having watched them play.

"Sure!" Ty Lee gave them a wide smile. "I love parties!"

"Your friend can come, too." He nodded towards Mai and gave her a small wink.

"Uh, what about me and my brother? Aren't you gonna invite us?" Azula raised a brow, unused to being isolated like that. "You don't know who we are, do you?"

The first guy scoffed. "Don't you know who we are? We're Chan and Ruon-Jian!"

Insulted by their lack of respect, Zuko advanced, ready to give them a beating. Azula had other plans though, she held out an arm to stop her brother.