Chapter 16- Getting Ready

*Natasha's point of view*
**The Next Day**

Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I rummaged through my drawers, closet and washing bag. I have three hours to: Find something to wear, tidy up my apartment, dry my hair and get down to the SHIELD Gym, wait sorry, Avengers Gym. I'm still getting used to the fact that SHIELD is lower in the ranks than the Avengers! I know we fought an Alien Army but I never thought another Governmental Agency would overpower SHIELD! But SHIELD basically made the Avengers, I suppose SHIELD is basically just called the Avengers now.

Since yesterday, I have been sitting in my apartment, debating whether to cancel, or worse, just don't turn up. Each time I fought myself and managed to convince myself to go, that's until another episode occured. I got a total of zero hours sleep, I went to the Gym at about four AM to get myself prepared for today! I have so many emotions running through my mind, I can only pinpoint two: Excitement and Terror. I'm so excited that I may get to know Steve better! I read about him ages ago and for some reason, he is sending me crazy! I can't get my thoughts straight! That is also why I'm terrified. What if he likes me? So many people have gotten close to me just to get with me! What if I like him?! I can't! I shouldn't! He doesn't deserve someone like me, he never will. America's Greatest Hero and Russia's Deadliest Spy, it does not work.

*KNOCK KNOCK*
"Natashaaaa! Open the door!" Shit, Clint's here. Now I'm going to be delayed.
"You have a key, don't you?!" I yell back, sitting on my bed with my heads buried in my hands. I'm going to be late.

Without another second to spear, keys jangle outside the door and two sets of footsteps wonder into my apartment.
"Where are you?" Clint shouts way too loud. It's a small apartment, not a Castle!
"In here." I mumble, my voice muffled by my hand.
"Hey Nat!" Wanda comes into my room and sits next to me, she places her hand around my shoulder and I raise my head up. "You okay?"
"It's been a long day." I smile weakly and Clint wanders into the room.
"Wassup Nat?" Clint shouts, he's putting on some form of accent that makes him sound like he grew up in a dumpster. I gave him the look, raising my eyebrows as I did so. His face dropped and a small "sorry." came from his mouth.
"How was the meeting with Fury?" Wanda asked.
"Absolutely perfect, do you guys know about the Avengers?" Sarcasm seeped into my voice.
"Yeah, we were told this morning. I also found out that we've been split into partners. I'm with Wanda! At least it isnt Sam or Bucky." Clint replied, he seemed proud of himself. I bet he's just proud that he doesn't have to deal with the boys anymore. "Who are you with?" Wanda asked, furrowing her eyebrows.
"I'm with Steve." At this, Clint completely lost his mind, I don't know why. He was screaming and yelling, running through my house like it's a race track! His face was gleaming red and smiling when he finally composed himself and came back into my bedroom.

"Clinton. Do you mind telling us why the fuck you just lost your mind at Natasha's new partner?" Wanda put on one of her many accents, it was the posh British school girl accent.
"I can't believe it!" Clint yelled, way too excited.
"Barton! Tell me what the fuck is going on here?!" I yelled, standing up for emphasis. Clint calmed down a little when he saw the anger in my eyes and he answered.
"Steve likes you." He answered. Shit. No. He can't. There's no way! He's Captain America! My head twirled at the thought, I began going light headed. I took a seat back down next to Wanda and buried my head in my hands once again.
"No, no, no, no, no..." I repeated into my hand. Wanda's soft hands rubbed my towel covered back. I'm still not dressed!
"Clint! What the fuck?! How do you know?!" Wanda yelled.
"He told me! He said he didn't but people like him can't lie for shit when they are confronted with a Spy!" Clint said, feeling bad for what he's done. I lifted my head.
"I'm okay. I'm good. It's a lot to take in." I answer. What else do I say?! He can't like me!
"Natasha, I want you to answer my question very clearly, okay?" I nodded to Wanda who was now kneeling in front of me. "Do you like him?" Yes. Wait, what? Yes? Why did that come so easily?! I can't like him.
"No, I can't." I reply, Wanda and Clint looked confused. Before they could talk, I decided to get them to help me get ready. "I'm going to the gym with him at four. This does not mean I like him." I stood up and walked over to my closet, Wanda joined me and began rifling through my clothes as well.

Half an hour passed and it was very nearly 3:30pm. Wanda picked out a pair of clothes to go to the gym with, a sports bra, a pair of branded leggings, a black jacket and some trainers. Clint wanted to feel like he was helping so I got him to dry my hair, not that he did any help, I had to go over it quickly. I never got to tidy my apartment. I shoved my red locks into a ponytail and walked with Clint and Wanda to their car, Clint agreed to drop me off considering we were running late.

Clint seemed to have an idea that I may like him from my denial to say whether I do or not. I said "I can't". Clint and Wanda both picked that out and I think they both know I may like him. I don't even know him and I like him. I like him. My brain told me I like him when Wanda asked! He's cute, he's dorky, he's selfless! He's Mr Perfect! But Mr Perfect doesn't belong with a cold-hearted bitch.

Clint and Wanda dropped me off, we were there quite quickly considering New York Traffic!
"Go beat his ass!" Clint said as I walked out of the car and towards the building. My middle finger swiftly stood on end and pointed towards Clint behind me. "RUDE!" Clint yelled as his wheels spun and he pulled away.

I got to the gym for about 3:45pm. I'm early! But am I too eager? Does it look like I'm eager? God, maybe I should leave now!

End of Getting Ready

---------------------------------------------------------

Authors notes

I have been waiting for YEARS for the Black Widow movie! I have been a fan of marvel and Natasha for so long! After Endgame, I literally thought marvel had just disregarded Natasha but when I saw the set photos and the SDCC announcement I was ecstatic! I absolutely adored the trailer! She looks amazing and I can't wait to find out what happened in the Red Room! Yelena Belova looks extraordinary! I love the banter between Natasha, Yelena, Alexei Shostakov and Melina Vostokoff. I think the entire cast is extraordinary and I am so ready for May 2020!

Thank you for reading! Your all amazing💗 (not the end of the story just a side note)