a p o l o g i e s

| taissa's pov |

i swiftly changed into my oversized shirt and sweatpants as soon as i got inside my room.

i was about to fall asleep, but then i remembered i have to text kyle back.

"hi babe. i'm going to sleep now. goodnight. i love you."

after staring at my phone for 5 minutes straight, i took the hint. he probably got tired of waiting for me to reply.

sigh.

i covered myself with my blanket and went to sleep.

|||

the next morning

my phone kept ringing and it annoyed the shit out of me. i tried to shove pillows on my ears, but the sound was still present.

i stood up and aggressively grabbed my phone from the night stand.

an unknown number.

ugh. i don't have the energy for prank calls.

i was about to settle it down, but it started ringing again. i picked it up and practically yelled my lungs out.

"it's too fucking early for this. go get a life and stop disturbing other people's sleep you asshole." the caller didn't get a chance to talk back because i immedietly hung it up after my outburst.

|||

| evan's pov |

i felt like my left ear has gone deaf.

jeez. i need to make a note to myself.

never bother taissa's sleep.

i jumped out of bed and changed into a black tank and threw a flannel on top of it.

i walked to the nearest coffee shop and grabbed a cup of cappuccino.

i knocked on taissa's door, but she didn't respond so i left her drink in front of her door. i attached a sticky note on it and wrote, "sorry for ruining your mood this early in the morning. i hope you accept this cup of cappuccino as an apology though :) - ev" and with that i left.

|||

| taissa's pov |

i heard a knock on my door while i was brushing my teeth. though i didn't bother to rinse my mouth just so i could reply to whoever was outside my door.

after i was done doing my "daily hygiene routine", i opened the door.

no one was there.

great. another asshole trying to ruin my day.

i was about to close the door when i smelled....coffee. cappuccino to be exact. i looked around, but didn't see anything or anyone.

did i really consume that much cappuccino to the point where i could smell it? i chuckled.

i stepped my foot out the door and felt hot liquid on my foot.

i winced at the pain and shot my leg up to my chest to wipe the coffee off. i picked up the cup and saw a neon green sticky note on it.

"sorry for ruining your mood this early in the morning. i hope you accept this cup of cappuccino as an apology though :) - ev"

i felt my cheeks burning up. could he be the one who called me earlier?

i furrowed my eyebrows and the puzzles came together.

holy shit.

i just called him an asshole.

i ran inside to quickly change into comfortable clothes and apologize for my behavior.

|||

i stood outside their door, nervously, trying to find words to say.

right about when my knuckles made contact with the wood, it opened. his eyes instantly looked at mine and it felt weird.

"oh. uh. hi, tai." he's shaking and it made me laugh. he's probably still scared about what had happened on the phone earlier.

"evan," i put my hand on his shoulder, "chill." he nodded his head like a scared puppy.

"s-sorry for bothering you, tai. i di-"

"shh, ev. i should be the one apologizing." i sighed. "i shouldn't have snapped like that. i mean what if obama was the one who called me, i could've been thrown to jail for calling the president of the united states an asshole." he chuckled and his dimples appeared. he looked so cute and it reminds me of how kyle laughed at me for dancing with the hobos at the park.

sigh. good memories.

evan snapped his fingers in front of me, obviously my mind wandered off to some other place.

"as i was saying," he smiled, "did you get my sorry treat for you?"

"yeah. and it did damage instead of healing." i laughed, but he didn't. he looked confused as fuck.

"what?"

"well," i started off, "i kind of...tripped over it and it basically burned my skin." his eyes widen.

"oh shit, tai. are you alright now though?" i nodded. "fuck, i'm sorry again. i should've just waited for you instead of leaving it there unnoticeable." i shook my head and gave him a smile.

"yeah. it's all good now. don't worry about it."

"i'm really sorry."

"if you say sorry one more time i'm gonna hit your balls." he bursted out laughing and later the sound of laughter rolled out of my tongue.

|||

A/N: ugh sorry for a(nother) short chapter :( i promise i'll make it up to you guys!!

holy shit. guys!! 300 reads!!wtf??!?! hahaha i'm so happy i could literally punch myself right now hahahaha

11/11/2014

- lani