i s o l a t i o n

| taissa's pov |

is it just me, or has evan been distant and cold towards me lately. i've noticed that he couldn't even manage to force a smile on his face as much as he used to and he keeps on avoiding the glances i throw at him. I tried and tried to lift up his mood, but i could tell he's also trying to hide his emotions away and dumping them in the abyss he built inside his mind.

I was sucked out of my reverie when a soft and light tap made contact on my tensed shoulders. turning my head around, i saw the familiar dark eyes that belonged to the boy i've been with for months.

"are you alright? you look a little...pale?" he asked as he pulled the chair next to me and slid a cup of hot coffee in front of me. he snaked his arm around my petite waist and I felt a hot sensation on my cheeks.

with a reassuring smile, i answered, "i'm fine, kyle and i've always been pale since i barely go outside." i chuckled at my excuse and luckily he fell for it.

"well, I suppose so." he sighed while stirring his coffee.

after a long and soundless moment, my voice broke out, "how is evan?"

"what?" he's obviously out of his zone as well, probably thinking of other things.

"oh yeah, yeah. he's okay. just a bit quiet than usual. I feel like he regrets going to that concert. he doesn't want to discuss what happened though." and that brought back the memories of last month, but I don't understand why he is acting the way he is now.

a small and overly-crowded theatre place was not the ideal place for a concert of a highly-loved band, but it was worth the sweat dripping down our bodies as we jumped along with the rhythm. kyle was clearly enjoying it, but not as much as evan, who was hysterically shouting out the lyrics as the band did, through their microphones.

after every song, the energy of the sea of teenagers and young adults never ceased, it rather increased. the crowd surfing of the bass player was off the roof. i couldn't believe I was able to touch one of the many people i didn't know existed. during my laughable preteen phase, i came to a conclusion that they were just a figment of my imagination. i mean who would have thought people on posters and big screens can make lonely and isolated teens feel loved and welcomed to a whole new different world. that must have been caused by extreme hallucinations, i once thought. but now that I'm here, in a compacted place along with people like me, looking at a certain group of people on stage that i never thought existed, gave me a feeling i could not comprehend, but i just know its there.

when the concert ended, i still had the blissful feeling i got when I first entered the venue. my adrenaline was pumping up fast and I knew something was gonna happen, whether its good or bad, i had a gut feeling that something will happen, and it did.

there he was, waiting, with a bouquet of flowers in his right hand and his other hand was behind his back. the buzzing feeling in my stomach grew stronger as he slowly walked towards me.

when we were only inches apart, he bent down on one knee and for a moment i thought he was gonna propose. how silly of me.

the shock look on my face must have shown him that I was expecting such a thing and he just chuckled.

he cleared his throat and the once noisy theatre turned into a quiet place, almost as eerily quiet as the library down by the street back home. "taissa farmiga, i know we've only been together for a short period of time.." he breathed as i held my breath, not knowing how to react. "but i - i have a feeling that my soul has tied with yours. will you.." he paused, earning a few gasps and squeals from the crowd, "promise me you'll always be mine, not in a possessive way." he chuckled and i did too once i let out the breath i have been holding on for too long. "i want to wake up every morning to find you lazily sleeping beside me, your hair all messed up and everything. will you accept this promise ring of mine because I wouldn't know what i'd do without you in my life. i wouldn't last a day knowing that you're out there, lying in someone else's arms. you have captured every bit of my soul and I don't regret it, but I hope you don't as well."