l a t e

| evan's pov |

i ran to the switch and the lights flickered on.

this couldn't be happening.

i looked over to tessa who was sitting at the chair opposite of me, and i didn't feel..anything. it's like i've been injected with anesthesia. she made her way towards me and hugged me tight.

i felt uncomfortable.

"i can't believe it, evan." she sighed and smiled at me. i awkwardly returned one.

"y-yeah." she tried to lean in for a kiss, luckily, i had to sneeze. she let out a soft laugh. it was cute, but not as gentle as taissa's.

"i'm sorry." i said as i tried to wipe my running nose.

"it's ok, ev." i smiled at her.

there was a knock on the door, "come in." tessa yelled. the door creaked open and carl walked in.

"we need you guys in 2 minutes." we nodded.

"goodluck, ev." she gave me a peck on the cheeks. her soft lips against my skin felt foreign, but at the same time, warm.

|||

"ok guys. this is it. we will be announcing the people who got the roles." we clapped, then stopped afterwards.

"tate langdon will be played by...evan peters." the theatre echoed with claps and cheers.

what tf just happened. holy shit.

i felt a slight tap on my shoulder, tessa.

"go." she said, motioning me to go up the stage.

jimmy shook my hand and continued. i kind of drifted off after that because i couldn't believe what just happened. i finally achieved something.

me.

not kyle.

someone patted my shoulder and snapped out of my thoughts. this girl has red hair and she looks fierce af.

"would you mind scooting over? we're kinda getting crowded over here." i nodded and moved two steps to my left.

"last spot. here it is...the person who'll be playing the role of violet is..drumroll please." drum noise thundered, but was eventually stopped.

"ms. taissa farmiga." she jumped out from her seat and kyle gave her a kiss on the cheek.

pfft. ok? that wasn't necessary.

"well that concludes this stressful 2-day audition. congratulations!" i ran up to taissa and gave her the bear hug. she pulled away and flashed me a cheeky smile.

"evan, omg. i can't..i couldn't believe this is happening..holy fuck.." she's so cute when she runs out of words.

kyle and tessa walked to where we were.

"taissa!!" tessa exclaimed as she pulled tai in a hug. "congratulations! i knew you'd get that spot." she nudged taissa's shoulder, but she just laughed.

"congrats, bro." kyle gave me a bro hug and i felt sincerity.

"thanks man." he smiled at me and snaked his arm around taissa's waist.

"congratulations to you too babe." he said as he touched her nose.

"oh, we forgot to tell you guys." she lifted her left hand up and a pink diamond ring caught my attention.

no no no.

she noticed my unexplainable face so a giggle left her soft and pink lips.

"don't worry, ev." she patted my shoulder, "it's not an engagement ring."

"..yet." kyle sneaked in and winked at her.

i can feel my insides being poured with acid.

i'm too late.

|||

A/N: another short chapter. ughhh. sorry i've been procrastinating lately. :(

on the brighter side, thanks to @ali_piee for leaving comments on every chapter. you're my motivation to keep writing lol

11/09/2014

- lani