t h r e e - m o r n i n g s

| taissa's pov |

my alarm went off and my eyes fluttered open. i let out a sigh and rolled over.

i walked in the bathroom, still half asleep. i turned the shower on and it shocked me back to reality.

"today's the day." i thought to myself.

after 10 minutes or so of being in the shower, i stepped out with a towel wrapped around my small frame.

it was still dim outside and kind of windy. i pulled an oversized burgundy sweater out, my black skinny jeans, and ankle boots. yes, i am aware that it's summer, but i just didn't feel like wearing anything else other than my soft and blanket-like sweater.

i looked at myself in a mirror, still not content of what i look like. i straightened my hair and put a light amount of make up.

i heard a soft knock on my door.

"come in." i quietly replied.

"someone's up early..." i turned around and saw vera still in her night gown.

"here," she handed me train tickets, "it leaves at 6:45. i'll drive you to the train station, but we have to leave now." i hugged her tight and whispered thank you in her ear. she smiled.

"i'll just go and get my suitcase."

she nodded, "ok, t. i'll wait for you in the living room."

i smiled at her and with that, she left my room.

i grabbed my suitcase, along with my journal, phone, and earphones.

i tried to quietly rush downstairs, but the stairs didn't cooperate.

"you ready? you have everything you need?" she asked.

i just nodded. damn. what is with me and my wordless communication.

the drive to the train station was quick. i began to unbuckle my seatbelt, but before i left the car, i pulled my sister for a hug.

"thank you for being such a supportive sister, v. i couldn't have asked for more."

she's close to tears.

"i'm so proud of you, tai. now go and show them what you got. i believe in you tai." she placed a warm kiss on my forehead. i opened the car door and the cold breeze immedietly hit my face.

i looked at the big clock near the restrooms. it's only 6:35am. hmm. i could still pick up a nice hot cappuccino from the cute little coffee shop next to the ticket seller.

"goodmorning! what can i get you?" a young and vibrant boy asked me. how can someone be so energetic this early. i squint my eyes to look at his tag. jeff.

"hey. uhm can i get a cappuccino please and uh," i paused for a second to look at the pastry, "oh and a bagel." i smiled...awkwardly. i hope he didn't find that strange or anything.

"and what's your name?" he asked. his dimples are showing. i blushed and mentally slapped myself. tf taissa stop.

"uh t-taissa." i stuttered. he chuckled. now he probably thinks i'm a weird creep.

we chatted for a few moments and exchanged numbers. finally, i paid for my order and left. oh shit. i only have like a minute and a half to walk from here to train number...ugh. i can't find my tickets.

i settled my coffee and bagel on a table and looked for my ticket. i later found out that it was in my back pocket. i let out a sigh of relief and a soft laugh. this is what waking up early does to me.

i boarded the train and tried to find a seat. almost every seat was taken, except for the one in the very back. perfect. now i have the whole slot for myself.

i sat down and placed my "to go" breakfast on the table. i grabbed my journal from my suitcase and tried to jot down what has happened so far.

06/13
add this one up to my millions of other reasons on why i shouldn't wake up early. here's the thing,i nearly missed my train due to my carelessness, but it's all good because i got to talk to a decent boy at a little coffee shop.

i stopped right there. i'm too tired to carry on.

i put my headphones on and drifted to sleep and hoped that the next three hours of travel will be as long as a minute in class.

|||

| evan's pov |

"evan." i heard someone whisper.

i rolled over to the opposite side.

"evan wake up. we're gonna be late." the voice sounds familiar. i peeked through my heavy eyes and saw...kyle. i'm not surprised.

i opened my eyes and checked my phone.

6:45am

"seriously kyle?" i groaned, "it starts at 10am."

i felt the bed rise up as he stood up.

"i just...i just wanna be there early."

"pfft. of course you would."

he threw a pillow at my face, but i just ignored it. i liked the cold surface of the pillow against my skin.

i heard my door shut quietly. i closed my eyes and drifted back to sleep.

|||

| kyle's pov |

sigh.

should i wait for him or just go straight to the place?

i don't even know man. i'll probably just wait until he wakes up.

i walked to my room and grabbed a book from my shelf.

flipped

i've been reading this since 9th grade and for some reason i just can't stop. some people find it annoying and cheesy, but for me it's different. it shows how feelings change over time. yes, there might be some parts where it's cringeworthy, but it's still a good book.

i started to read from the part where i left off last time. i finished the book in less than 45 minutes.

i checked the clock.

7:30am

ugh. 2 and a half more.

i picked out a boring movie that evan is surprisingly fond off. after a few minutes, i found myself being pulled to slumber.

|||

A/N: sorry for this short chapter, i needed to sleep early last night. (well... if you consider 12:30 early lol) i'll probably update this later today so dont worry haha.

i have district auditions in a few hours. wish me luck guys. oh and i'll figure out later how to put pictures here. i'm still confused lol.

11/01/2014

- lani