g l a m o u r

| taissa's pov |

September flew by in a breeze and not less than 6 hours from now, it would be the moment flashing lights will most likely swarm my face and temporarily blind my vision.

I've had some sleepless nights throughout the month. though I tried to balance it out with my hectic schedule that comes along with acting.

the hints of orange through my windows blinds glamorized my room up a bit. though one could still see scattered belongings lying everywhere; clothes on the floor, empty coffee cups on the table, shoes on top of one another...the list could go on.

procrastination had been the major cause of it all, if I'm quite honest. I've never fulfilled any job i was told to do! well, besides reciting my lines. but other than that, I'm a restless couch potato.

my face was not much of an improvement either. in fact, bags under my eyes grew darker and the moistness of my hair had been long gone due to stress and lack of sleep.

if it wasn't for the event that was gonna be held tonight, i would not have bothered thinking about fixing my physical appearance, much to everyone's dismay.

by the time my alarm decided to ring at 4:30, approximately 3 hours before the bash, I lazily lifted my heavy body off the bed and headed towards the bathroom.

the feeling of warm water hitting my cold skin gave me shivers.

I stood there for a few minutes, thinking. thinking about absolutely nothing other than a certain blonde.

"taissa, you have to attend the party after the red carpet! a lot of well known people will be there, not to mention the paparazzi." chirped the producer.

"It's just a waste of time, sir." he shushed up, knowing the tone i was using, which was my don't-push-it-I'm-not-in-the-mood tone that i frequently use during break times.

"but taissa," he started off again, "imagine the publicity you're gonna get!" he exclaimed in a very high pitched voice for a very old man.

I remained silent, not wanting to discuss it any further. i know what he wanted, but I'm not gonna do it. over my dead body.

over your dead body?, a voice nagged inside my head, here you are in the shower room reminiscing about that situation still breathing. well alive!

I don't know what your point is, argued my sensible side.

you know you were gonna give in anyway, but no you have to make things harder, i shook my head rather furiously to tune the voices out for they were starting to get on my nerves.

after my somewhat disturbing shower time, i threw my bath robes on and wrapped the towel around my annoyingly wet hair.

I would only bring out make ups and hair necessities under certain circumstances, for example this one. but it's only a one-time thing, it's not like it'll be added to my daily routine!

having my hair all dried up using a blow drier, i started on my make up to hide all visible flaws.

the concealer Vera insisted on purchasing for me during our trip to a store was used to balance out the dark marks on my face to match my natural skin tone.

a light pink shade of my blush powder tinted my pale cheeks and I've decided to just apply light make up, since its a night event. taupe and nude eyeshadows wore carefully swiped on my eyelids. i also applied little to no amount of a softer shade of pink matte lipstick on my thin lips and paired it with a smudge of lip gloss to give it a little more...shazam. my eyelashes were curled to perfection, without setting my eyes in the verge of tears, and were put together by a swoosh of mascara. feeling a bit daring, my uncoordinated pair of hands drew a cat eye effect using a liquid pencil liner, and to my surprise, it was not as bad as the first time I've tried it. though it was still crooked.