Chapter 19: Comfort

Tears cascaded down Elsa's cheeks, as she hopped on her bed and hugged her knees, crying softly as she buried her head to herself. Her face is flushed from anger, her hands covering the whole bed with frost. Her mouth gave out small sobs, the heat of the room disappearing and turning into a lower temperature.

Wasn't she good enough?

She knows she was no perfect queen.

But she doesn't want to be a broken one either.

She threw away a pile of scrolls, this feeling so overwhelming she couldn't control her emotions. She blasted an icicle, shot a flurry up on the ceiling just to cease her pain.

She ended up slamming her head against her pillow, sobbing endlessly. She was a mess, she was a wreck. She thought her anxiety was over, turns out it wasn't.

A knock interrupted her.

"Elsa, love? Are you in there?"

"N-no... Please, go away.."

"Wait, Elsa are you crying?"

"P-please..."

The knob twisted, a man with pale skin, black hair, and emerald green eyes bursting inside, only to find a mess of a room, filled with frost and icicles, and the snow queen wiping away her tears weakly, hugging her knees.

Aiden sighed, sitting beside the distressed queen, wrapping his arms around her comfortingly, "Hey, what's wrong?"

Elsa shook her head stubbornly, refusing to tell him. Aiden leaned closer, kissing her ear, "You have to tell me what's wrong, so you can stop crying your eyes out for nothing."

Elsa sobbed, "T-they, them.." She tried.

Aiden raised a brow, "Who's 'them'? Did someone hurt you?!"

"No..."

"Then?"

"They hurt my feelings."

Aiden clenched his teeth, "Who did? Come on snowflake, don't cry. I hate seeing you like this."

"The council."

"Oh, what did they say?" He was surely mad now. He knew of the council that loved to argue with the queen, the council who loved to torture Elsa with unexpected meetings. And, he was aware the council doesn't like her powers that much. Oh, but he bet they'll love his. He grinned evilly.

"J-just a few things.."

"If they were just a few things, then why the hell does it leave you crying like this? Did they insult you?"

"I wouldn't call it insulting... They just pointed out my mistakes and failures in my reign.."

"Oh, did they now?" Aiden growled.

"And... One of them whispered that I don't deserve you... He pointed out that I'm not worthy of you kind of cryptically. I get it, and I know, I don't deserve you at all—"

"What in the hell are those blind scoundrels talking about?! Oh my god, Elsa, you don't know how much you deserve me. In fact, you're so deserving, that maybe I'm not even enough.."

"What? Aiden, please, stop. You're more than perfect. You hear me?" Elsa smiled, pecking his cheek.

"Alright. If you said it, then I'll believe it, snowflake. But who says that you're not worthy of me? Elsa, please realize many things right now. You're a beautiful girl. No, you're gorgeous. You're a caring sister, you're a responsible queen. You're one of the most forgiving persons around, and I bet you can't even kill a fly. You are so conscious about your powers, you'll even protect anyone with them. You take care and take important things seriously, you put others before yourself. I am not letting some good for nothing council point some stupid thing out, why, Elsa? Because they're describing themselves. They're the ones who make mistakes often, make failures often, they don't deserve a hard-working woman like you."

Elsa sniffed, taking his hand, kissing his cheek, "I... I love you."

Aiden smiled, embracing her tightly, breathing in her wonderful scent, "I love you more."

He squeezed her slightly against him, "Elsa. My beautiful, darling Elsa. You don't deserve pain. You don't deserve anything bad. And I promise you—no, I vow to you, I will protect you from all the dangers the world has to offer."

"I can protect myself. But thank you." Elsa says gratefully.

"Can I ask you something, snowflake?"

"Go ahead."

"Do you love yourself?"

Elsa looked down, avoiding his gaze. Aiden sighed, "From this day on, you have to, okay? Elsa, if only you know how loving and perfect you are. If only you realize how much you deserve more. Now, say this after me."

Elsa turned to him, Aiden's hands wrapped around hers, "Okay."

"I, am beautiful."

"I, am beautiful."

"I love myself."

"I love myself."

Aiden grinned, "There you go! Doesn't it make you feel much better? I ask you again. Who do you love?"

"Myself, and you... And Anna, and Kristoff... Olaf... Sven.." Elsa answered tearfully, hugging Aiden tightly, burying her head on his chest. Aiden hugged her back, kissing her forehead. "Aww. My precious queen really needs a break, huh? There's still something missing."

Elsa glanced at him, mouthing what.

Aiden grinned, "Where's my queen's smile?" He pressed his fingers against the edges of her lips, holding them up slightly to form a smile. Elsa giggled, pushing away his hands.

Aiden chuckled, "There it is!"

Elsa smiled widely, taking his hands, and letting him cup her face. Aiden made a circular motion with his thumb on her cheek, kissing her nose. 

(A/N: The picture below does not belong to me. Credits to the one who does.)

Elsa laughed, his kiss had tickled her nose

Elsa laughed, his kiss had tickled her nose. Aiden pressed their foreheads together, saying, "I love you."

Elsa stroked his cheek, kissing it, whispering, "I love you too."