⇞ protective ⇞

Start from the beginning

He didn't know I can handle torture better than anyone else.

"I don't think I will live too long," I mumbled knowing too well how my poison was more active now.

He frowned at my words.

"Don't talk nonsense Ermeline."

Zephora, my name is Zephora.

"Worrying about you will kill me sooner," I said in a lighter tone make him shake his head.

"One of these you will realize Ermeline that there will be a war between your Kingdom and mine. And then you will realize that I am worthy of hate."

"One of these you will realize Your Highness that I have felt your memories and I know the kind of good and kind person you are."

He was left speechless and I had the sharp desire to bend down and kiss his cheek just to see him even more shocked. But my fear got better of me and I got up instead to leave.

"King is leaving," Ciara said when I came out from the bath.

"Where to now?" I asked feeling wary for him.

My desire to protect him grew with time even though he ignored me like a plague after he came to know what I could do.

"To form an alliance with Blood Assasins or commonly know as rebels."

Blood Assassins are elite force of killers trained to make timely attacks on people they deemed unfit for the ruling. They have previously overthrown a few Kingdoms. But they were also known to be the masters of Forbidden Magic. Seldom they took a liking to people especially royals and seldom people walked out alive from there.

But if they joined hands with Nazereth, Udairis will be in danger no matter how many Kingdoms he had with him. This will lead to unnecessary bloodshed.

I gathered my necessary belongings and rushed outside a shocked Ciara following me.

"I will also come along." I declared in front of the gathered soldiers and King.

He looked surprised at my arrival.

"No, it's not meant for a Queen." He said sternly.

Maybe it was my limited life span but I was getting braver.

"I will come along no matter what," I said not backing off.

He looked frustrated.

"We will be gone by the time you will get a horse."

"I will follow nevertheless."

"Don't be stubborn Ermeline, do you need to follow me everywhere to report to your father."

And we were back to that again.

I didn't let his words get to me knowing too well how he was looking for dangers.

"Yes, If I want to be a proper spy-like I have been for the past year I have to follow you around," I said with sarcasm, surprising him and soldiers.

"Slow us down and I will leave you there." He threatened that meant he agreed to take me along.

"Sure and then let some fireflies guide me." I scoffed at his words.