Battle at Mt. Inkwell

Start from the beginning

Mugman took this moment to run over and help his grandpa up. Kettle pressed down hard on his cane with one hand and held onto his boy with the other.

"You have to get out of here now!" Mug cried to his guardian. He heard the mutated bat grumble in pain as it picked its head up. It only took Hexter a few more seconds to heave the rest of his body up and lock back on its target.

"I'm not just going to leave you, Mugs!" The elderly kettle protested back. A bolt of panic went down the child's spine as the demon bat began to take flight, still coming toward them with increasing speed.

"Go now!" Mug shouted and pushed his grandpa away from the creature's line of sight. No sooner had he done so, a foot full of talons grabbed his arm and lifted him upward in a split second. Mugman could feel all his weight being dragged by that one limb. It sure put quite a strain on his arm. He almost thought it would pop off his body if the bat yanked him in a different direction.

"Little brat!" Hexter hissed at him. "It's time I returned the favor!" A sharp claw broke right through the spot he had sewn up and reopened his own wound. Mug screamed in pain. The opposite hand tried desperately to get the talon out of that spot where it seemed to just dig deeper and deeper. His warm liquid bubbled out around the claw.

We have to get down quick or this thing's gonna-!

Before the demon could finish its sentence, the mutated bat threw the mug child into the air, spinning just as fast as before.

....do that again.

Poor Mugman couldn't help but become a bit disoriented. It caught him by the arm again and tossed him a second him. Hexter then got a good hold on the child's torso when he came back down. The bat swooped toward the ground. He pulled up just before colliding with the rocky surface. It let the mug's back drag along the ground. Mug screamed as his backside felt like it was getting torn up. He could hear his shirt ripping in multiple places, exposing his skin to the rugged terrain. The demon bat eventually let go and let its prey slide a little further.

"Nnnnnngh!" The mug child groaned as his back seared with pain. For it felt like it was on fire it hurt so badly. Mugman lay there panting as he stared up into the orange-tinted evening sky. Hexter then came back down and pressed a foot tightly against the child's chest, pushing the air out of him. Gloved hands scrabbled against the thick-skinned toes, trying to get them off. Mug's eyes shifted to the right to see that a thick black claw dangled over his shoulder.

"I'm going to enjoy drinking your sweet life essence!" The bat sneered as it licked its fangs. For it could sense that the child's inner liquid was not a traditional blood, which only made it all the more excited. Adversely, it only made the child even more desperate to get the creature off him. Large white fangs bared as the mouth opened wide. It prepared to bite down on the mug's head. Elder Kettle, who still hadn't left despite Mugman's suggestion, trudged forward and was insistent on helping.

"Stay away from my boy!" He yelled and whacked the demon bat on the head with his cane. The open mouth closed in annoyance as its beady eyes averted elsewhere. A growl rumbled in its throat.

"Very well." It said to the elderly person. "You're the real target anyway!" A winged hand backhanded the kettle away from its smaller prey. Elder Kettle fell onto his rump as Hexter began to stalk toward him on all fours. His breaths became erratic from his fear. The glass legs shook as he struggled to his feet.

Mugman saw that his guardian was in trouble. He tried desperately to get up. His little glass body shakily sat up. Eyes were half closed from the burning pain on his backside.

You have to get up, Mugman! Faster! The demon tried to encourage its host without forcing it.

I'm trying....! Mug replied as his back still seared with pain. It seemed to weigh him down. But the mug child fought to overcome his wounds. Eventually he teetered back and forth on his brown boots.