Masquerade Part Two

Hosuh wanted to know more about the mysterious Mr. Fox who had made him feel at ease just with his presence.

"May I know your name now?" Was the first thing Hosuh said when they arrived to their destination.

"No." The fox blandly replied. "But, ask me any other question."

"Hmmm..." Hosuh wondered. "Where do you live?"

This.... was a mistake. Stephen panicked to himself.

"I was brought up, and still live on the other side of town." Stephen lied, Y'know, like a lier.

"Oh, I don't really head over there that often. But maybe now I will." Hosuh said while smiling.

Stephen's heart flew, then dropped to the tenth layer of hell.

Oh fuck. I'm screwing myself at this point. Stephen almost said aloud.

"But wait.. how do you get here before me if I live closer to here?"

"I, uh, get here early?"

If Stephen wasn't wearing his mask, people would see right through his lies. He was obviously worried on the other side of the barrier, covering his face.

"Hm. Okay." Hosuh shrugged it off.

Oh my God that worked! Stephen huffed a sigh of relief.

Stephen did not want any more questions asked. Telling him any more lies would basically guaranteed Hosuh disliking him later.

"This house is huge, do you want to explore?" Stephen said with a cocky grin.

"Um, are we allo-!"

Hosuh was cut off by Stephen pulling him through the crowd of people. He wasn't being dragged, more like being lightly pulled.

"A-Are you sure we're allowed to do this?"

"This is a party, isn't it?" Stephen gave Hosuh a wry smile. "Let's have some fun."

Stephen and Hosuh make it out of the ballroom, just to hear the very rude yelling of an unwanted guest.

"I demand to know who's in the Fox costume!"

Oh great. Her again.

Hosuh curiously looked at Stephen, he knew she was talking about him.

"I'll tell you later." He whispered.

"I'm sorry miss, I have direct orders from Stephen to not tell the identity of anyone."

The maid who was being yelled at gave Stephen a small nod, like a "I got this" signal. Stephen gripped Hosuh's hand tighter, then sprinted into the closest hallway. Stephen loosened his grip on Hosuh's hand, and lead him down the hallway.

Stephen casually opened a stained glass door.

"After you."

"Ah! Thank you. But where does this lead?"

The answer to Hosuh's question was immediately provided when he looked around him. It was a garden, with every kind of flower you could imagine. Roses, daffodils, Chrysanthemums, carnations, lilies, the list goes on.

"How did you know this place was here?"

Again with the questions Stephen did not like.

"Before I met you last night... I was wondering around, and found this place." He felt terrible for lying, but he didn't want Hosuh to treat him differently.