Chapter 16: The Letter

"Sire?"

An impatient king sat on his throne, his tall crown sitting on his head proudly, the dimly lit room lighting up once a tall, thin man; Ronald Indulf, the king's first hand, entered the throne room with a nervous expression, his gloved hands pressed together almost like in a prayer.

No doubt he'll need one.

"Ah, Ronald. What did you find that explains my son's delay?" Abaddon asked, clapping his hands in delight. Ronald tugged onto his collar nervously, "Sire, I have spoken to the captain and I trust you won't take a liking to what you'll find out."

"Oh, I'm sure it's nothing too rash. I do hope Aiden's reasonable. Now, speak."

"Uh... Your Majesty, the captain had informed me that the prince's personal guard had ordered to fetch their baggage shortly before the ship goes to here. The captain said he interfered, but yet he failed and was told by the prince's personal guard that they're staying in Arendelle. The captain doesn't know the mysterious reason why."

"Hmm. I would like to send a letter to Queen Elsa about this. Also, I would like a ship prepared by dawn. I am going to Arendelle next week, but I want the travel ship ready early. I'm sure your prince would like to speak with me... Personally."

"Right away, sire!"

"Also, tell Queen Helena she's coming with me to Arendelle next week. And I don't take a refusal for an answer."

"Yes, sire. I will go now and follow your orders."

"Excellent, Indulf. Run along now."
____________________________________
Dearest son of mine,

This is your mother, Queen Helena.
How are you, Aiden? I've missed you terribly, and I have received the previous letter you sent, and take this as a warning, and a reply. I am happy that you have found the love of your life, nonetheless someone like you. I'm sure the queen is charming and fascinating as she appears so in stories.

And the warning, Aiden. I have been recently told by Ronald that your father had decided to come to you there in Arendelle personally to speak with you about your delay next week, and I trust you to be prepared. Fear not, your father had forced me to come with him, and I am glad he did, so I can keep an eye on his actions.

Next week, we are going to be in front of another kingdom, and I want his behavior to be presentable and nothing rash. Your powers too, honey. Queen Elsa has to learn about them soon, but I'm sure you want for her to learn without your father around.

But honestly, we cannot hide forever. We cannot hide your flames in the dark for too long, and of course, I have told you when you were a child, someday he'll find out, and that day is inching closer and nearer. Take care of yourself, my son. And prepare yourself, if ever that day is next week.

I love you, flames ignited, your mother, Queen Helena.
______________________________________
"Rise and shine!" Anna greeted, opening Elsa's curtains, only to find the queen already bathed and dressed in front of her vanity.

"Good morning, Anna." She cutely greeted.

"Feel better? It's probably because princey boy took care of you!" Anna teased.

"Honestly, I do feel a lot better. And you certainly have a bright energy for such a day I have to welcome the man who tried to murder me to the deep dungeons."

"Oh. About that, Elsa. It's... ten in the morning, so, you missed it."

"I MISSED WHAT?!"

"Seriously though, it's no big deal. Aiden, Kristoff, and I had met him in the docks early, you were sleeping so tiredly, you needed it anyways. And the royal physician's words should be the one at the front of your head!"

"Anna, I was just worried you were secretly armed at the moment." Elsa teased back, rolling her eyes.

"Pshaw, Elsa, seriously? I don't even know how to swing a sword, how else should I bring an axe? And I have my fists. What could happen?"

"Did you just-"

"No, I didn't punch him, what so ever, but I did glare at him at the time. He's not worthy of my golden fist." Anna beamed proudly, tapping her fist, "But hey, I brought you brunch. You must be hungry."

"I am, but where's-"

"Aiden's in your study, taking care of your paperwork. I'm sure he's finishing them by now, he's been cooped up in there for an hour or so."

Elsa raised a brow at the strawberry blond princess.

"Yeah, I know you too well."

"Well, I'll eat my breakfast in my study gladly, I'll just stop by and greet him."

"Greet him or kiss him?"

Elsa's deep blush spreads on her cheeks, "Anna!"

Anna shook her head with a laugh, "See ya, Els."

Elsa smiled, taking her tray and exiting the bedroom silently, heading for the study.