Chapter 15: Conscious

"ANNA! GET KAI, OR GERDA!" Aiden ordered in panic, holding the fainted queen in his arms safely, "Please, hurry!" Anna frantically ran to find the two faithful servants, while Kristoff held a hand against Elsa's forehead, "Aiden, she's got a strong fever!"

Aiden looked at the fainted girl in his arms, "Kristoff, please get some ice! Or maybe a cold damp towel, please!"

Kristoff nodded affirmatively, walking away.

Aiden clutched Elsa in his arms, holding her tightly. Her beautiful face was flushed a bit, maybe because of the fever. He worriedly stayed with her, counting each minute. Soon, Kristoff arrived with some ice and a damp cold towel that is folded neatly in a bowl, giving it to Aiden.

Aiden gave his thanks and placed it on Elsa's forehead, placing his hand on hers, "You'll be okay, you'll be okay..."

Anna arrived with Kai and Gerda, with another man between. "Your majesties, we called the royal physician! He could surely help."

"Yes, of course," Aiden said, laying down Elsa on the sofa, making sure she's comfortable. He sat down beside her, caressing her face. The physician took a look at her, "She seems to have a strong fever. And, she fainted, am I correct?"

"Yes, she did. She was sweating allot, too."

"Don't worry, your majesties, this is only over-exhaustion. Her majesty fainted right on the spot because of tiredness and overwork, she must be stressed out lately. She also needs bed rest, and I'll leave a few medicines she'll have to take later, Prince Aiden. And of course, I would like to recommend for her no paperwork."

"Then I guess the explaining is up to me now, huh?" Aiden sighed, "I'll tell you and Kristoff later, okay? I just have to watch over your sister."

"Thank you, Aiden. But I think you'll have to leave the taking care of Elsa part to me, her little sister." Anna insisted stubbornly.

"I don't think so, Anna. You might need rest for what'll come to you tomorrow. I'm sure you won't like it at all."

"Then what is it, Aiden? Tell me!" Anna screamed, eyeing the prince seriously.

"Alright, fine. Elsa shouldn't have ripped the letter, then I'll have no problems. Anna, Hans is being transferred back here to the dungeons since he's been making unnecessary behavior lately back in the Southern Isles, his reasons are more secured supervision and King Jonathan suddenly announced in the letter that Hans is banished from the Southern Isles due to his actions, but he'll tend to the conditions we have for the guy. Okay, did you get that?"

Kristoff stared at the fuming Anna beside him, mouthing a yes to Aiden who bit his lip nervously, "I know, not the best of news to hear but you gotta know what you have to know since you were asking me earlier..."

"That, good for nothing creep, is being transferred back in here for some stupid reason?!" Anna shrieked.

"Woah, calm down, and yes, didn't I just said that a minute ago? And I have to agree with you, the reason is nothing but a bad excuse. I mean, you don't know how much I want to put the jerk on chokehold," Aiden growled.

"Ooh, I like what you think," Kristoff smirked.

"But, you know, panic won't help out in this case, okay? We've got your sister who's sick and now an ex prince who happened to be your sister's almost assassinator, all we have to do is calm down and ensure that guy is really going to undergo close supervision." Aiden suggested, "And, I'm pretty sure that Hans being down deep in the dungeons won't cause you some headaches at all, just pretend he doesn't exist. Alright?"

"We got this," Anna grinned, then scoffed, "I just don't want to see that heartless, merciless, wretched, good for nothing, treacherous SCOUNDREL that almost killed my sister! Ugh, just thinking about it makes me sick!"

"Sure it does, but don't get sick. We already have Elsa, I don't think you being addition is a good sign we've got everything covered." Kristoff added.

"You're right. Aiden, could you please carry Elsa and bring her to bed, I'll be there shortly."

"Sure."

Scooping her up, Aiden carried the sleeping queen in his arms lovingly, walking down the hallways. It was only a short walk until he found the door with a snowflake and a snowman symbol on it, and he gently pushed the door open and rested the queen down on her bed, tucking her in with a blanket.

Pressing a kiss on her cheek, Aiden sat down at the white armchair beside her bed, closing his eyes, letting sleep take over.
____________________________________
Elsa's eyes fluttered open, her surroundings dark, and only the moon the source of light. A light snoring could be heard, and she couldn't help but suppress a giggle to find Aiden sleeping comfortably on the armchair, his black hair swayed back.

His eyes suddenly opened, regaining his energy. He smiled widely to find Elsa already conscious, "Elsa! You're awake!"

"I am. Where are we?"

"Your bedroom. You fainted."

"Oh..."

"And, the royal physician told us that you are not allowed to touch any paperwork or any other source of exhaustion."

"But Aiden, I can't do that! I have lots of things to take care of, that work is going to pile up tomorrow!"

"No, you are not allowed. I'm sorry, Elsa, but the royal physician insisted. I'm really sorry, but I'm also worried about you. The physician said you collapsed because of over-exhaustion, that's not a good sign of health isn't it."

"Well, it's not, b-but-"

"Well, you tell me then. What do you feel right now?"

Elsa winced, touching her forehead, "Headache."

Aiden smiled, kissing her forehead gently, "Better?"

Elsa smiled, squeezing his hand, "Much. I love it when you kiss me."

"Oh, you do now, do you?" Aiden smirked, leaning closer.

"Aiden, don't, you'll get sick!"

"Then I get sick for all I care, I want to kiss my poor sick woman so she could feel better."

"I don't want you getting sick."

"And I don't want you like this either." Aiden smiled, pecking her lips. Elsa smiled against his lips, sighing. "Thank you."

Aiden stroked her cheek, "For what?"

"Caring for me," Elsa said, pulling his arm, snuggling against it. "I don't know, pretty much everything you do for me. I love you."

"And I, you." He replied, embracing her tightly. "And remember, I'm here for you tomorrow, alright? I explained it to Anna and Kristoff, and they are willing to cooperate and make sure the guy is under strict supervision in the dungeons, okay? We've got everything covered. Just rest."

"What am I going to do without you?" Elsa smiled.

"You'll always have me." Aiden said sweetly, "And I'll always have you."