23.

HERO

"So when are you going to come back?" Lena asked Jo as she was hugging her.

It was finally the day. The day I had been dreading.

She was actually leaving me.

"Soon" Jo answered giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll be waiting with the bracelet you made me," Lena laughed and moved her wrist to show her bracelet.

"And I'll be with the one you made me," Jo showed her wrist and they high fived each other.

Luke was next. Jo took him on her arms and he laughed as she struggled. She quickly put him down.

"Imma miss you, little one" she told him. Luke smiled sadly. 

Then he took a deep breath.

"Okay, Luke. It's now or never" he whispered to himself and all of us looked at him weirdly.

Then he got to one knee and took something from his pocket.

A ring pop.

"Jospehine-" then he stopped mid sentence and looked like he was trying to think. "I don't know your middle name nor your last name," he admited and Jo laughed.

What a cute sound.

I tried to slurp every little sound she was making. I wasn't gonna be hearing her for a long time.

"But anyway," Luke continued, "I know that once you've broken up with a person, dating his family is awkward. And no I'm not asking you to marry me." Then he got up and looked up at her seriously. "If you take the ring, this is a promise we're gonna see you again" the he offered her the ring. 

Jo looked like she wanted to cry.

"We will see you again, won't we?" Luke asked hopeful.

Jo's eyes turned to me. She bit her lip like she was asking for permission.

I looked away. I couldn't look at her.

She turned back to Luke with the biggest fake smile on her face. "Of course you will," she lied.

Then she held out her hand while Luke placed the ring pop on her finger. She hugged him and gave him a kiss on the cheek and Luke blushed.

Next was Jake. Before Jo could approach him, Jake came closer and scooped her in his arms. Jo yelped in surprised and grabbed his shoulders to steady herself.

"Thank you, Jo. For the talks and the advices. Being six years older doesn't seem so bad now," he said. She rolled her eyes and smacked him on the head. Then ran a hand through the front of his hair fixing it like a mother to her son.

Heart squeeze

 When did this happen?

"I'm sorry I can't come to your game," Jo said as Jake shook his head muttering 'it's okay it's okay'

"But you're invited to come and watch was one in Perth"

She's inviting him to Australia?

I gulped and gritted my teeth together.

Then she hugged Mercy and whispered in her ear something that sounded like "please take care of him"

Jake?

Me?

Me. 

Mercy nodded.

She hugged my mom and the rest of the family. Mom squeezed her so hard I though she was going to pop her.