18.

JOSEPHINE QUEEN LANGFORD

" Are you comfortable?" Hero asked me a few minutes after the plane took off. 

I looked up seeing him watching me with a concerned expression.

I just nodded my head and gave him a smile which he returned. 

A lot of time passed with both us not saying anything. He was next to the window so he kept his gaze outside the plane for most of the time but I could feel how uneasy he was. 

Did I do anything? Did I screw up again? 

Thoughts started running through my head as fast as a train. What had I done? 

Of course! I told him I was in love with him! Oh, God why? He doesn't feel the same, does he? 

I started panicking. 

I shouldn't have said anything! He propably wants to stay miles away from me now because he thinks I'm gonna be clingy or something.

The only reason he asked me to come with him is because he feels pity for me and he wants to help the poor damsel in distress while she's ugly crying. 

Oh shit! Oh shit! I need air. I need fucking air. 

I started shaking. I stood up from my seat  trying to find something to escape. Maybe a parachute to jump off or something. 

Hero's eyes widened the moment he saw me standing up. 

"Hey, hey, where are you going?" he asked and I could recognize the concerned tone in his voice.  He grabbed my elbow causing me to plop back down on my seat. 

"I want to go," I whispered so low I don't think he heard me. 

"Shit, Jo, you're shaking. What's the matter? Talk to me!" he almost pleaded. 

I closed my eyes and shook my head trying to shut him out. 

"Is it the plane? Did something happen? Talk to me, you're scaring me!" he raised his voice. 

I started breathing faster. I was pretty sure I was about to have a panick attack. 

He raised his hand, his fingers touching my neck. I gasped in surprise which made me open my eyes. 

His thumb found the pulse on my neck and when he touched it his eyes widened.

"Okay, you need to calm down" he said putting the hair that was on my face behind my ears. "Just take slow breaths. Inhale from your nose, exhale from you mouth. Slowly"

I tried to follow what he said but my breath was too rapid. 

"Do it with me," he said "Inhale" I looked into his eyes as we both took a breath from our noses, "exhale" we let out the breath from our mouths. 

"Again" we did it multiple times until my breath was back to normal again. I was looking at his eyes the whole time and in the end I was pretty sure it was his loving gaze that calmed me more than his breath technic.

When we finished, Hero closed his eyes for a second and then let a deep breath falling back to his seat.

"God, Jo, you scared me so much!" 

I narrowed my eyes at him letting out a chuckle. 

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

He turned his head looking at me with tired eyes.

"Don't ever do that again, you hear me!"

I smiled nodding my head. 

I thought he'd stop there but he kept pushing with questions.