Masquerade Part One

Stephen woke up pretty early one Saturday morning. He walked over to his parents room and opened the door.

"No one. Again."

Stephen's parents weren't home yet again. It was pretty common for them to be gone on business trips and vacations. They were, the richest couple in the town.

Despite his parents, never being home, he was never lonely. He had his butler, Mr. Deed, in which he nicknamed Alfred. He had the maids, the chefs, he knew everyone there. And maybe about once a month, a suitor would come in hopes of being chosen to be his girlfriend.

But just because there's always people with you, doesn't mean you don't get bored.

"Hey Alfred!" Stephen beckoned.

"Yes Master Stephen?" Mr. Deed replied.

"I'm kinda bored, is there anything I can do?"

"Well, we just ran out of eggs in the kitchen-"

"I can go get them!" Stephen blurted out. It was just one of those days where he needed to get out of the house.

Stephen grabbed a basket, grabbed a few coin, and ran for the market place.

———————————————————

"Ugh, get out of my way, you piece of filth."

These words rang in Stephen's ears, he immediately looked to see who said the rude statement. When he saw what was happening, his heart dropped even lower than it already was. He looked just to see people who were obviously well off, harassing someone that they thought were "less than" them.

Stephen had no clue on what to do, and when he did know, the poor person was left unconscious on the ground.

Stephen bought the eggs and headed back to the house. He put the eggs in their proper place then went to his room to ponder on what he saw earlier that day.

"Master Stephen?" Mr. Deed asked. "What happened?"

Stephen almost exploded with how much anger he was feeling. But he managed to tell Alfred everything without yelling.

"And you want to do something about it, I presume?"

"Of course I do!" The teen basically screeched. "And I know how to do it!"

Stephen told his plan to Mr. Deed, who immediately agreed with what he wanted to do.

———————————————————

Hosuh woke up outside, with an extreme pain in his head and stomach.

Oh right, on my way home people felt the need to harass me because of my situation.

"Okay... Let's get home." Hosuh said, the determination fading from his voice.

Hosuh made his way to a broken down wood shack, and went inside. He walked over to a makeshift bed and laid down, hoping for the pain to subside.

It had to have been a couple of hours of tossing and turning before Hosuh heard someone pounding on his door.

"Does anybody live here?" He heard the voice yell.