Chapter 14

Year later:

I grabbed the plate of food and took it out to the people that ordered it.

"Dove get table number 5" my boss said as I went to the back. I grabbed my note pad and went out to the table. I got the order and went to the cook to give it to him.

Walking to the front I stopped at the counter to get the money for the one table.

"Luca Thompson and Layla Lane have finally gave the date for when they are to get married. It's going to be two days before Christmas just like a fairytale." The news reporter said on the tv. I stopped to look at the new photo they hand of Luca and Layla. They looked very happy together.

I grabbed the money and walked around to give it to the table. The door opened and I turned to see the one and only Layla.

"How did you find me." I hissed walking back to the counter."

"Well that friend of yours is good for something." I rolled my eyes knowing that Chris would one day say something. I was just hoping that one day would have been when I was married and had a few kids here.

"I wanted to know if you got my wedding invitation?"

"Yep."

"Ok good. Now I wanted to tell you not to come." I stopped what I was doing and looked to her.

"What?"

"Listen Dove I know what you and Luca did." I felt my body start to shake.

"How."

"I had a friend of mine look into it. I knew about you guys from London to." She knew this whole time.

"Why did you come here to tell me not to come." I asked giving her the death glare.

"Well if you don't want daddy and Luca to know about that poor baby you miss carried them I would suggest you stay away." My mouth dropped.

"Like I said...my friend did some digging."

"You bitch." She smiled.

"Yeah well now I'm winning. You were always the favorite little girl. Looks like you wouldn't be if I told them all about how your not so innocent."

I couldn't say anything. She couldn't tell Luca about the baby. I couldn't risk that.

"I can see we are going to have no problem now. Goodbye little sister." She smiled blowing me a kiss before she walked out.

I ran to the back of the kitchen and hid in the back as the tears fell. This was all my fault. Maybe my baby would still be here if I hadn't left. Even better if I never met Luca. The sad thing was I knew how I felt for him...I loved him and I couldn't stop. But nothing I could do would help now.