Chapter 12

The next few days Luca had tried to get into my room. Chris would push him out some times and others I would hide in my bathroom. I felt different and I didn't know if it was because of Luca or because of the fact that I knew what we did was wrong. I wanted to tell Layla but I couldn't. I wouldn't dare.

Tonight was the night of there engagement party. It was going to be a big ball by Layla's request.

I slipped into my dress as Chris came into my room.

"Damn. You look hot."

I smiled and rolled my eyes looking at him through the mirror

"Thank you. You do as well." He smiled doing a spin.

"Well I'm hoping to find the right guy tonight." I laughed and turned to him. Maybe he would have better luck with that then me.

"You ready to go?" I nodded my head and took his arm.

"Let's go get you a man." He laughed pulling me with him.

The party was filled with people my father knew people Layla knew and even some Luca knew.

Lucas father came into town and was having a great time talking to my father. They were very good friends.

Chris didn't leave my side the whole time. Once we got down here Luca had tried to say something to me but Chris got in front of him. Luca wanted to hurt him I could tell but I pulled him away.

Now we were sitting watching everyone have a good time.

"Go have fun." Chris looked at me.

"Not with out you."

"I can handle myself. Go have some fun." He sighed and nodded his head no.

"There's a guy that's been looking at you for the past hour. Now I know you've seen him looking so go and talk to him." He looked back at the guy that I was talking about and then back to me. I laughed and nodded my head. He kissed me on the head and ran.

I laughed watching him go off and have fun. I grabbed my drink taking a sip.

"You look like you could have some fun." I looked to the side and saw a cute guy leaning on the wall.

"What gave that away?" He chuckled pushing off the wall and coming over to me.

"Well something tells me you've had a hard week?"

"Make it a hard month."

"Ok. Hard month. Why don't you go out and dance with me?" This guy was Beijing very nice but I don't think I coul- you know what...what the hell. If Luca could move on so could I.

"Ok." He smiled holding out his hand to me. I took it and let him take me to the dance floor. A slow song started making him pull me to him. I was laughing with him and having a good time when someone tapped on his shoulder.

"Mind if I cut in." Luca said. The guy looked at me but nodded his head. I went to run but Luca grabbed my arm pulling me to him.

"You knew." I hissed."

"Your father wanted me to ask that day. I wanted more time with you." I pushed on him but he held me tight.

"Why drag me along."

"Dove I meant everything that I said that day. I really do love you."

"I don't care." He stopped and looked down at me.

"I hate you." I felt his arms drop from me and I saw how hurt he looked.

"Is that really how you feel?"

No not at all "yes" what the fuck am I saying.

"Fine then..,I'm sorry Dove." He walked off leaving me on the dance floor. I looked around for Chris but he was know where to be found. I ran up the stairs taking one last look back at the party. Luca was looking up at me as he stood in a crowd of people.

This was what I did. It's what he did. I couldn't let my heart brake any more for this guy. I turned running out. I ran to my room and got out of this dress and grabbed all that I could. I needed to get far from here. Far form this hell.