Chapter Seventeen

(Dominic’s POV)

I stopped when she said that. ‘We should have stayed just friends’? What the hell did she mean by that? She really shouldn’t be saying things like that to me when I’m pissed.

“Excuse me?” I asked her, stepping back into the house and glaring at her.  

“You heard what I said, Dominic” Amelia replied, returning my glare. I gapped at her for a couple of moments.

“Well I guess we are just friends then! When I come home, maybe you will be in a better mood. No one wants your bitchiness.” I said to her and slammed the door as I went out. If she didn’t want to be with me then that’s what she would get.

                                                                '               ****

I drove around the city for hours, thinking of what Amelia had said to me. It really did piss me off and if she wanted to be done, we would be done. I wasn’t going to apologize or kiss her ass about her decision. Was what she said earlier a decision? I decided yes.  

I knew I wasn’t going to find Jake Smith. I knew nothing about the kid, so finally I went to a small bar, downtown. I wasn’t ready to go home to Amelia. I knew she would have a lot more to say and like I had told her, no one wanted her bitchiness, especially not me.

The bar was quiet and music played softly in the background. This was a perfect way to get my mind off of everything that was happening behind that door.  I had a couple of drinks before a woman came up to me. She was tall and blonde, very sexy. God I missed sleeping around, didn’t I?

“You look lonely.” The woman said, sitting on the empty bar stool beside me. I huffed at her and took another drink of my beer. I never thought I would be having women problems like this. I was then regretting not putting a condom on when I had slept with Amelia.  Of course my stupidity got me into the situation I was in right now. If Amelia wasn’t pregnant I probably wouldn’t even be seeing her right now. She would just simply be a woman in the back of my mind that I had slept with a couple of times. But because of my stupidity, I must suffer. Funny how fucking life worked.

“I do? I wasn’t aware that I looked lonely.” I replied to the woman. She smiled at me, a friendly smile and nodded her head.

“You do.” She nodded. We talked for a very long time and I of course drank more, quickly becoming drunk. It had been awhile since I was drunk. I didn’t want to know what I would do.

And that last think I remember doing that night was going home with this anonymous woman.

                                                                                ****

I groaned as I came awake. My head was pounding and I felt nauseous. My eyes came open and I looked around the room, confused. Where the hell was I?  the bed I was in was really huge and my body was wrapped in a very comfortable feather blanket. I decided then Amelia and I needed a blanket like this. Amelia? Where was she?

Just then the memories of last night flew into mind. The fight, the bar and the strange woman. “Fuck” I groaned. What the hell had I done?

“Oh you’re awake, finally. How do you feel, Dominic?” Came a voice from the door. It was the woman from the bar. She was only wearing and oversized t-shirt and I was very glad it wasn’t mine, but that didn’t mean anything.

I sat up slowly on the bed as she came to me, handing me a bottle of water. She sat on the edge of the bed. “Um, like shit.” I answered and took a drink of the water.

“I made some breakfast if you’re hungry.” She said. Yes food is just what I needed right now. I nodded my head and got out of the bed, fallowing her out of the room.

Her house was pretty nice for only her. Or was it only her? I didn’t know and I wasn’t going to ask. This woman’s life was none of my business and I was hoping I hadn’t seen any of her private business last night or that she had seen mine. Amelia’s private business, yes, I was only Amelia’s. I would ask her if we had slept together though. That was a must ask question.

There was a bunch of food on her small dining table and I took a seat, stomach growling at the sight and smell of food. I dug in quickly and she only watched me as I ate.

“Did we have sex?” I asked her finally. I was so hoping the answer to that question was a no. she shook her head at me.

“No. I mean we wanted to. I really did want to but in the car ride here you had a moment and told me all about Amelia and your babies. You know you should be with her right now, Dominic. Not here, with someone you don’t know.” The woman said, looking at me intently. “I really don’t want to be the reason why you lose your family.” She added, grimacing at the idea of that.

“Yes I know.” I answered, looking at my plate of food.

“Hurry and eat, now. You should probably get going so she doesn’t worry too much.” She told me and I did just that. When I was done I got up and made my way back to her bedroom, to retrieve my shirt and shoes.

“What is your name?” I asked her, turning to look at her. She smiled at me, shaking her head. “Tell me.” I said.

She hesitated for a moment.

“Sarah…Sarah Thomson.” She answered. I gave her a quick nod and resumed what I was doing.

                                                                                ****

The house was empty when I got home. I searched every room twice before I finally realized Amelia was gone. Holy shit, she was serious about just being friends?

I called her mother and asked if she was there. She wasn’t and her mother panicked when I told her Amelia was gone. What had I done? I shouldn’t have left her last night, instead have been a mature adult and resolved our problem. I realized then that this was my fault.

I called Harper next and she answered on the third ring.

“Is Amelia there?” I asked her, hoping. She sighed big at me.

“Yes she is, but I don’t think she wants to talk to you.”  She answered me, angry. God, she was such a good friend. Amelia had to come home soon; Creed and Harp were leaving in two days.

“Please, Harper.”  I asked, pleading.

“No, Dominic. Just let her be for a little bit she will talk to you when she wants”

“You’re going to make me beg?” I asked her.

“You should fucking beg Dominic Simmons. What the hell is wrong with you?” I hope you have realized you have fucked up.” She said, pure hate in her voice, but I agreed with everything she said.

I was about to beg again but Amelia said ‘what do want?’

“I’m sorry babe. Will you please come home? I truly am sorry.” I began to babble but she shut me up quickly.

“Where did you stay last night?” She asked me. I was silent. Should I tell her that I had stayed with a woman? Did I really want to? Not really. “Answer me.” She said when I didn’t.

“I stayed with a woman but-“I began to tell her I didn’t sleep with her but she butt in to fast for me to get it out.

“Oh how fucking perfect. You are such a manwhore, Dominic. God I hate you.” She said and began to cry.

“Will you let me talk, Amelia, Damnit!” I said.

“No I won’t. You know what I really hope you didn’t get her pregnant as well.” Amelia accused, but again before I could get a word,

The line went dead.

------------------------------------------

COMMENT AND VOTE, MY LOVES:)

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY CO-WRITER! FUCKING LOVER HER.

--HALEY♥