Chapter Twelve

(Amelia’s POV)

Their house was absolutely beautiful inside.  I was gapping at everything like an idiot! Dominic’s parents seemed very nice to me. But little did one know?

“This is Amelia Taylor. My…girlfriend” Dominic introduced me and they smiled and said their hellos. Except his brother Chris. He smirked at Dominic.

“Good work, brother. She is fucking hot.” He said, looking me up and down, examining me. I looked over at Dominic, blushing. He frowned down at his little brother, jaw clenched. Oh my…he was jealous. It made me feel really special, even though Dominic looked like he wanted to rip his brothers throat out.

Everyone stood there awkwardly before Mrs. Simmons cleared her throat and turned on her hills heading toward a door.

“Dinner will be done soon, Dominic. Your sister should be here any time now. Go ahead and go put your things away.” She said before disappearing. Dominic gladly took my hand and pulled me toward the staircase.

“I’m sorry about him, Amelia” He told me when we were out of ears reach. We were now making our way down a long hallway. There were tons of pictures and beautiful decorations everywhere. I really did envy this house. Dominic’s earlier comment to me had made me very excited.

But the only thoughts that were going through my head were his parents and his siblings. I really did hope they liked me. I begin to bite on my bottom lip in nervousness.

“What are you thinking of?” Dominic asked me as we entered a room. It was huge and…peach? Not really a good color opposed to what the color of the rest of the house was. I shrugged at him. “It will be ok, love” he told me and we made our way into the room.

                                                                ****

Their dining room was everything I had expected it to be. big and formal, too big for only a house of three.  Dominic’s sister was beautiful. She was very classy. All of Dominic’s siblings were redheaded and I wondered where he got his black hair from. His mother was blonde. I gave myself a mental note to ask him about that later, as we sat at the table. That is when Cybil made her first prude comment.

“Really Dominic? She is pretty but YOU can do much better. Look who your family is.” She said and rolled her green eyes. The comment surprised me and I looked down, feeling a bit…ashamed?

“Cybil.” He said and gave her a warning glare. I thought the snide comments would end there, I was wrong. As dinner progressed his mother, in particular interrogated me.

“What do you do again, Amelia?” She asked me, frowning as she took a drink of her white wine. I was beginning to not like sitting at this table.

“I’m a school teacher.” I answered, smiling over at her. She only frowned more before smirking at me. What did these people have against me? I wondered what she did. Sit on her ass while Mr. Simmons made all of the money? I had no doubt that is exactly what she did.

“Oh, they don’t make much money, do they mother? Are you just with my brother because of his money, Miss Taylor?” Cybil asked me, her perfectly waxed eyebrow standing strait up.

“No Cybil, she isn’t. She is with me for me and because she is pregnant.” Dominic answered for me, glaring at his sister. Was he defending me? Yes he was, and I was thankful for that. I thought his mother would faint at his answer.

“Oh dear, Dominic. I am glad that you have found a charity case but you are better off without people like her” She said, shaking her head at Dominic.

“Like what?” He asked her. Dominic looked really pissed now. I sure as hell was as well. What were these people’s problems?! They didn’t even know me well enough to judge me.

His mother sighed heavily. “People that lay on their back and spread their legs and then go looking for someone that has money to pity them.  I know you like the company of women but at least they are classy and not…little tramps.” She said, looking genuinely concerned for her son. I looked down at my plate of food and held back my tears. I would not cry in front of these people.  Especially that bitch!!!

“Her baby is mine, Sarah and I will not sit here and let you judge someone you don’t even know. Common Amelia.” Dominic said and stood up from the table, grabbing my hand. I fallowed without hesitation as he pulled me up the stairs to the room where our things were and quickly grabbed them.

Dominic had a deadly glare on his face and his lips were set in a small line. I had never seen him so pissed. I had never seen him pissed at all really.

“Where are you going Dominic?” His mother asked as we passed her at the bottom of the stairs. He completely ignored her as we made our way to the front door.

                                                                                ****

(Dominic’s POV)

Amelia sat beside me on the bed of the hotel room and stared at her feet. Soon she wouldn’t be able to see her them over her growing stomach. My babies were getting big and I was excited. Ah, my babies that damn women had disrespected Amelia and my children! That was uncalled for and I had never seen her act like that, ever.  

“I’m sorry Amelia” I said to her, feeling ashamed that I had brought her into that house and had allowed that stupid bitch to say those things to her. She only shrugged at me.

“It’s ok. Its not your place to apologize” She said, but I knew she didn’t mean that. She had cried for an hour straight. God I was so pissed! I knew then for sure that my children were not going around that woman, ever. I swear she wouldn’t even know their names.  

“You should get some sleep, Amelia. It’s really late.” I told her and got up from the bed. She nodded to me and climbed to the front of the bed to lie down.

                                                                                ****

The next morning when Amelia and I were eating breakfast a knock came at the door of our hotel room. I frowned, wondering who it was as I got up and went to answer. Probably my damn ‘mother’.

I swung the door open and found myself looking at an old friend. Or rather an old ex, smiling at me. What the hell? I knew then that my mother had sent her.

“What do you want Cynthia? What are you doing here?” I asked her, blocking her way when she tried to step through the door.

“Your mother told me you were here and that you might need some…company?” She smiled up at me, a seductive smile. I frowned at her but before I could reply Amelia came up beside me.

“Who is that?” She asked, squinting her eyes at Cynthia. I smiled and wrapped my arm around Amelia.

“An old friend. Cynthia this is my fiancé Amelia. Sorry I don’t need your ‘company’ so go back from where you came from. I have all I need, trust me.” I told her and rudely slammed the door in her face.

Yes I was pissed again. What was that bitch woman thinking sending HER here?  yes she would never touch my children. I decided she was completely excluded from my life. And her prude daughter, Cybil.   

---------------------------------------------

COMMENT AND VOTE!!!

--HALEY♥