Sherlock - Smart

"But, what does it mean?!" He grips my shoulders tightly and stares his blue eyes at me anxiously.

"I don't know!" I yell.

"Think, Y/N. Think!" He places his hands on each side of my head, and I shut my eyes as I search for an answer to decipher the code.

It's only a matter of time before I realize that it's beyond my comprehension, and that thoroughly upsets me.

"I...I don't know, Sherlock. You're the one who always thinks you're smarter than everyone else, why don't you solve it!"

He let's go of me and paces around the elevator hastily, deep in his own thoughts.

I cross my arms and sigh, as I look down at my feet in disappointment.

Our cellphones don't have any service, and we're stuck.

Out of everything we've been through, and done to save London from Moriarty...

He finally manages to trap us in an elevator with an impossible code to decipher.

I'm angry at myself for not being able to be of help. I'm angry at my stupidity. As much as I despised Sherlock, I still wanted to show him that he isn't the only detective that can do their job correctly.

I want to save London with him.

But how is that possible in an elevator?

"Y/N." Sherlock's voice snaps me out of my thoughts, and I look up at him.

He wears a soft expression to my surprise, and his eyes are fixed on my own.

"What?" I answer.

"Moriarty set this whole thing up to discourage us. To make us feel that we will never beat him in this game." He explains.

"So...?" I tilt my head in confusion as he walks closer to me.

"Don't feel...like you've let London down. Even though you have." He says.

"So have you." I fire back with narrowed eyes.

"What I'm trying to say is...Moriarty put that intimidating cipher to make us doubt our own abilities. Y/N, you are smart. Not just up here, but in your heart as well. You know how to control your emotions whereas I, find myself on a stump in emotional situations. Never forget that you're brain is capable of many things, and that there is a similar brain supporting your own." He tells me.

I stare at him quietly for a second, as a smile creeps into my lips. I nod at him, and we sit next to each other on the floor, our backs leaned on the wall of the elevator as we stare at the digital cipher that is above the elevator floor buttons.

The cipher is the most difficult I've seen. It's only one letter:

B

"Hey, Sherlock?" I call his name as we both squint

"Yes?"

"Earlier you said that there was a similar brain supporting my own. Is that your brain?" I ask, looking away from the cipher and averting my attention to him.

He turns his head and averts his attention to me as well:

"Why exactly did you decide to become a detective?"

"Answer my question first." I reply, earning a smirk from him.

"Yes, I was referring to myself. I will always support your doltish brain." He says.

"Oh, so first I'm smart, and now I'm doltish? Make up your mind already. And the reason I became a detective was because someone murdered my pet turtle in primary school, so I swore to catch the culprit when I got older." I tell him.

"Did you ever find the culprit?" He asks.

"No,but rumor has it that the kid in the back of the class named William kept experimenting on it." I sigh.

His face instantly flushes red, his tone that of realization.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"N-Nothing." He shakes his head, and I stare at him suspiciously, before averting my attention back to the cipher.

B...

What if B is for brain?

"Sherlock, what if B is for brain? Remember you said how Moriarty was trying to make us doubt the abilities of our BRAIN?" I stare at him, earning wide eyes.

We both stand up and scream at the top of our lungs:

"B IS FOR BRAIN!"

And the elevator door slowly opens.

"Hey,that wasn't so bad." I laugh, resting me hands on my hips to my proud accomplishment.

Sherlock smiles widely at me, before pulling my in for a rough kiss. It is sweet and passionate, something I never expected from the lips of sociopath. He pulls away slowly after, and I smile back at him, my cheeks flushed. He begins to speak quietly:

"I was your turtle murderer."

My smile fades and I kick him in the balls, crossing my arms and stifling a laugh shortly after, as he groans in pain.