Moriarty - Sugar Plum Fairy

This one was requested by the lovely @Mythical_Taylor 

If you have a request you think I'd like please feel free to message me!

-Sera

I wake up on a bed. The walls around me are white and there is a massive window open, right next to me. Outside, the snow falls diagonally so that it's little flakes end up on my skin. It tickles me and I giggle. Then, I sit up and stare at my hands. I notice that my fingers ache when I try to move them. 

A captive. Maybe even a hostage, is what the papers are probably calling me.  A victim of Jim Moriarty's insanity. It didn't seem like it though. He seemed to be treating me quite well. 

My thoughts are soon interrupted by a knock on the door. The door creaks the open and Jim Moriarty himself pops his head inside. He grins slightly at me:

"Morning!"

I feel my chest tighten as I watch him stride in casually and take a seat on the bed with me. He watches my eyes and takes my hand gently. 

I don't know why they call him dangerous. He's gentle with me, ever since he had "kidnapped" me. Even then, he asked me if I wanted to come with him. I agreed for no reason at all. When I look at him like I am now, the only thing I can do is agree.

"Say something to me. You barely talk!" He whines, squeezing my hand.

I smile tiredly:

"Good morning."

He pins some of my hair back from my ear with a strange hairpin. I had just woken up so everything was a little blurry.

"Y/N...I have a surprise for you today." He whispers into my ear.

And with that, I find myself walking down a very narrow corridor with him. His arm locked in mine. There is a strangely soft yet unsettling aroma of lavender in the air. As if he was aiming to mask an atmosphere of treachery with beauty. 

The deeper into the corridor we go, the darker it gets.

And the stronger the aroma.

He types in a code I cannot quite catch into the keypad on the wall next to a very large metal door when we reach the end of the corridor.

The door makes a noise indicating it had been unlocked. He pushes it open and lets me step inside first. 

Instantly, the first thing I see is John Watson, expertly bounded to a surgical table. He is bleeding so much in so many places but he's still alive. He's panting, and when he realizes I am in the room he calls my name and begs. 

I worked for the Scotland Yard before Jim Moriarty dragged me into his revolutionary conquest, so I was aware of him. He could even be considered one of the only friends I had. Him and the other one. The tall one.

 My heart begins to race rapidly as I panic, but before I can scream or even think for that matter I am swept away into a...waltz? I'm not so sure. 

Jim Moriarty grabs both my hands and dances me across the room, around John Watson who lay there like the loudest corpse alive. 

"Look at me." Moriarty demands more than asks, as he steps on my feet and urge them to move.

My eyes that burn with confusion meet his own. He is serious, but his eyes glitter with happiness. They gleam under the dim light, like black pearls.

"Now spin." He takes my hand and lifts my arm slightly so as to spin me.

I spin and glance at John Watson as he screams. Soon, I realize there's music in this room.

"It's the Sugar Plum Fairy's dance." Jim says as he spins me into his arms and holds me there for a few moments.

"But it's not even close to Christmas..." Is all I can say as I am spun back and brought right back into dancing again. 

 Each step is a pattern that follows the rhythm of the music. It is simple, so I manage easily.  

"Does it need to be?" He chuckles.

Soon, I don't hear John's cries for help. It seems to have been replaced with music. I cannot take my eyes off of Jim Moriarty when we dance, and the more I get into it, into him, the wider he smiles. 

"You are like a fairy when you dance." He laughs, holding my hand as his other hand strokes my cheek.

I cannot move my eyes away from him. 

"Now, John Watson wants to dance." He whispers, and reaches into my hair to remove the hairpin he had put on me this morning.

Only, it's not a hairpin. It's some sort of scalpel. A sharp, pointy blade at the tip of a twirled platinum stem.

I blink a few times to process what I'm about to do. He rests a hand gently on the small of my back and leads me closer towards the table John was on. 

Soon, I am looking down at him. The whites in his eyes. The stain on his shirt. The lacerations on his torso. The little whimpers of helplessness...

I inhale the coppery scent of blood sharply and look at Moriarty.

"Go on. I know its been a while...." He rubs my back soothingly.

I grab a pair off goggles sitting around nearby and put them on. I lean down slightly to get a better look at John's face. I inspect it. When my eyes meet his own, I smile widely to reassure him. He shudders and his face pales with each passing second.

"Relax. I'm not going to kill you. That would be unethical." I sigh, as I dip the blade into his left cheek and drag it along.

His breathing becomes unsteady and he screams a little. 

Something inside me told me to stop smiling. To stop myself from hurting my friends. 

But I just couldn't. Not when he was around. Not when he was watching. Touching. Encouraging.

His hands rested on my shoulders. He would get so excited every time I made a mark on John. His eyes would light up like a child. His teeth would grit in anticipation. Jim Moriarty was fascinating.

My hands were stained crimson and when I was done with John. Jim was behind me and ended up with his arms around my waist and his chin rested on my shoulder. We were exhausted. I set the scalpel down to inspect my hands. I held my hands out in front of me and squinted. My eyes widened at my red fingers.

Jim and I looked at each other and burst into laughter.